% of owners with issues

Reaction score
Like many, I'm impressed with what I see of the PV. BUT...still wary of buying, due to all this negativity about various issues. So, it occurred to me that there may be a huge % of owners who have no issues, or none worth talking about...and all we see here, are the poor folks at the outer ends of the bell curve.
Does anyone have thoughts/info on the total number of PV out there, and the % that are defective?
Just a thought. Great forum here, intelligent, educated postings. Thanking you all.

No idea on numbers at all, but marketing experts will tell you the percentage of satisfied customers who make a noise about their happiness is very small, whereas dissatisfied customers will make a disproportionately loud noise in relation to their number.

Dealers will know the truth as they are the front-line support for DJI products. I have to say as someone who didn't encounter the invalid battery error I have been impressed so far with the product, the speed of updates and fixes and the quality of the manual and support documents and videos that DJI have produced.

I've had mine just over a week.. soon as I received it I checked the battery connectors and didn't see any black smudge\residues but I swabbed them with alcohol anyway. No problems on battery signal so far.

I did have a problem with video connectivity yesterday though. Wifi and everything was connected, but the app couldn't make connection to the P2V. After googling a bit, new firmware (1.05) seems to be the solution and I immediately updated my firmware this morning. Fixed it right away.

Everything is fine and dandy so far :lol:
Loving it!

same here - very happy with the Vision :D a slight inconvenience - sometimes I need to restart the battery two or three times before I get a connection from the app to the camera - but apart from that it's rock solid and extremely pleasant to play with :D

The Vision has far exceeded my expectations and I have had no problems with it. The app only partially worked with a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Note tablet that I already had but that was not listed as a display for the Vision so I did not consider that to be a problem. I replaced it with an IPod Touch 5 dedicated to the Vision and it works perfectly. I am still amazed at how easy it is to fly it.

Absolutely no problems at all, upgrades also went fine to both PV2 and the transmitter.
(Be easier with the Tx with USB for future users)

Had about 10 flights, with both my iPhone 5 and the iPad mini on
2 occasions, worked fine with either. :)

Adobe lens profile was a surprise and a plus point, but it will be nice when
they release the RAW converter.

Have had mine for three weeks and only had tried it three times.

The first week I got the "invalid battery" in computer software.

I updated everything, but now seemed no radio control, made ​​contact with PV but did not start the engines.

Opened advanced features and enabled the IOC. Re started my PV and everything worked.

When I fly now I'm very careful. Rarely higher than 30 meters.

I am very impressed by the tech and flying ability. Great fun!

Hope all goes well :)

I've had a problem on two flights where the GPS appeared to be locked appropriately but the craft stopped holding a hover in mid flight. Lost a prop getting her down in one piece...

Aside from that... I love this thing.

-slinger

Also no problems(50 flights)until antenna wire pulled out during upgrade-dealer(DJI) is replacing.

dav5942 said:
Also no problems(50 flights)until antenna wire pulled out during upgrade-dealer(DJI) is replacing.

What exactly happened? I am doing this soon and want to be as careful as possible.

When you split the two halves of the tx, do not put any pressure on the black antenna wire!

dav5942 said:
When you split the two halves of the tx, do not put any pressure on the black antenna wire!

and NEVER cross the streams... That would be... bad...

-slinger

No problems here - at least none that weren't caused by pilot error. Flying it directly into some tree branches was not a good idea. Hey, it's Autumn! The leaves are all gone! It was hard to see!

4 new props and we're back in business.

I'll add my limited experiences with my Phantom...just under 2 weeks and about 8 take-offs...and an equal number of landings (which IS my goal..!!) I've had zero problems with any of the gear, only a few times when my start-up sequence was not right, but those were definitely Pilot Error...and the Phantom was smart enough to not let me get to the point of putting it in the air. I would estimate my total flying time to be about an hour....very exciting to watch the quad respond to my control and to see the amazing views from a few feet off the ground to several hundred feet high...I am hooked..!

Even though I've had very few flights, I do feel a high level of comfort and control with this craft. I've been careful to pick good weather and locations for my maiden (if that is the correct term!) flights, but everything really feels pretty intuitive.

So....put me in the No Issues group of owners...!

Got my PV last week, upgraded the R/C and Phantom to the most recent software versions before ever flying the Phantom (I second the warning to be careful when cracking open the R/C clamshell to connect the USB) so in theory I'm protected from the "Invalid Battery" problem. Still a bit concerned about all the flyaway and compass problems reported here.

So far four outings, each consisting of about eight flights of two minutes or so with prop shutdown after each flight. No surprises so far but did experience an unusual amount of drift for a light breeze on one outing.

I am curious to know what would happen if I did experience a problem - if I'm using the PV responsibly (keeping the software updated, flying under reasonable conditions, etc) and something were to to happen, would DJI stand behind the product? Or should I set my expectations that somewhere in the first 100 flights the Phantom will randomly take off and this will have been an expensive and temporary hobby. Only time will tell, I guess...

I can say that I unfortunately have had two issues, although I absolutely loved the time that it flew correctly. First issue was the "invalid battery" that caused one minor crash (banged up props, and some cosmetic scratches). Then when upgrading the TX to help resolve the invalid battery shutdown, the antennae wire just came disconnected with absolutely no pressure when separating the two halves. So now I no longer have the invalid battery but my range is about 180ft before losing signal

I have a family member and a friend who both purchased the Vision who have had no issues at all. I do think that the majority of Vision owners are probably satisfied, but by nature a forum is going to be the hot spot for people with issues to try and crowdsource solutions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers