OEM Replacement Antenna

Reaction score
My antenna recently broke off of my standard controller, so I am in the market for a new one. I am having trouble finding a factory replacement antenna (I really just need the plastic piece).

Should I be looking for just the plastic piece or is there an upgraded antenna assembly that I should shoot for since I have to buy a new one anyway?

I recommend this antenna , since you have to buy new . I use the same antenna and has a range of 2km
DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit 10dBi Omni

I read up on this and it seems to have mixed reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This doesn't look like an antenna replacement, which is what I need. My antenna actually came off of the wire, so I need something in it's place. Let me know.

My antenna recently broke off of my standard controller, so I am in the market for a new one. I am having trouble finding a factory replacement antenna (I really just need the plastic piece).

Should I be looking for just the plastic piece or is there an upgraded antenna assembly that I should shoot for since I have to buy a new one anyway?
I had the same issue... Had to buy a new controller

Either send to DJI for fixing, or just take the opportunity to mod your controller.
I'd do the later (I fact, I did) :)

This doesn't look like an antenna replacement, which is what I need. My antenna actually came off of the wire, so I need something in it's place. Let me know.
I think the point we're trying to make is if you're going to spend money to fix your RC this would be a good opportunity to spend that money and to improve it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: longdog
I think the point we're trying to make is if you're going to spend money to fix your RC this would be a good opportunity to spend that money and to improve it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

That is what I am wanting to do, which is why I said this, "Should I be looking for just the plastic piece or is there an upgraded antenna assembly that I should shoot for since I have to buy a new one anyway?"

I am wondering, if the antenna assembly needs to be replaced, what are my options? I can't get just the extender because I need the antenna itself, right? Hence my response to your suggestion above. Let me know! Thanks.

That is what I am wanting to do, which is why I said this, "Should I be looking for just the plastic piece or is there an upgraded antenna assembly that I should shoot for since I have to buy a new one anyway?"

I am wondering, if the antenna assembly needs to be replaced, what are my options? I can't get just the extender because I need the antenna itself, right? Hence my response to your suggestion above. Let me know! Thanks.
No, if you looked at the link I posted and the link another member posted you would have seen that these products replace all you current antennas. They can go right in the trash if you want. The RC has three antennas, one on the front and two inside the unit. These upgraded antennas are not add-ons, but complete antenna systems.

I wish I could ask a question without getting blasted and talked down to, my god. Actually you didn't answer my question. I clicked the link that you sent me and this is all the info that was present:

Phantom 3 Standard with quick mount is in stock and shipping NOW
Itelite has done it again… a simple solution … stong and durable
very easy to attach and remove for a quick 3 mile flight!!
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
Phontom 3 Standard is quickly becoming the most popular drone in the air today

This tells me nothing, which is why I asked. I would have no reason to believe this replaces my current antenna, especially since it says it can easily be attached and removed. If you look, I also addressed the other link that was sent and said that I had heard the reviews weren't too favorable on the other one.

So, after sorting through all of the condescension, it appears I can purchase the above mentioned product from DBS mods and it will replace the broken antenna on the controller that I have. Thanks.

No one is blasting or talking down to you, your being a bit over sensitive. I'll leave it to any other forum member to comment if they see any such thing in the tread. I'm just trying to be helpful and give you a suggestion on a good mod for your controller to fix it better than before. And now I'll be a bit harsher in my reply so you can see the difference. That link was to the manufacturer's web site, not that you have to buy direct. There's always ebay or Amazon to name a few. If you would have read their site or had done any research at all via Google, Youtube or this site it would have been very clear that the DBS and the ARGtek antenna kits are complete systems, that replace all three P3S antennas.

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
No one is blasting or talking down to you, your being a bit over sensitive. I'll leave it to any other forum member to comment if they see any such thing in the tread. I'm just trying to be helpful and give you a suggestion on a good mod for your controller to fix it better than before. And now I'll be a bit harsher in my reply so you can see the difference. That link was to the manufacturer's web site, not that you have to buy direct. There's always ebay or Amazon to name a few. If you would have read their site or had done any research at all via Google, Youtube or this site it would have been very clear that the DBS and the ARGtek antenna kits are complete systems, that replace all three P3S antennas.

Gotcha. I am at work at the moment, so I haven't had time to do the research on what you sent me. I read your reply this morning for the first time, so it's not from a lack of trying. I will check out the DBS mod and the other one. Thanks.

I broke mine and installed the ARGtek mod. It was so bad i ended up buying a whole new controller while i messged around trying to get the ARGtek modded one to get the "extended" range. ARGtek controller barely gets 300m while my controller with the standard antenna gets 1100m+ easily. Still playing around with the ARGtek controlles connectors but it seems to be a dud.

I broke mine and installed the ARGtek mod. It was so bad i ended up buying a whole new controller while i messged around trying to get the ARGtek modded one to get the "extended" range. ARGtek controller barely gets 300m while my controller with the standard antenna gets 1100m+ easily. Still playing around with the ARGtek controlles connectors but it seems to be a dud.

That is what is confusing to me. The reviews seem to be split down the middle. 50% of people love it and are getting much farther ranges while 50% of people hate it and got better range with their original remote controls. I feel like the area where they are being run has a lot to do with it but I have no way of knowing how it would affect mine. I live in the middle of Indiana, so it's pretty flat here, suburb of Indianapolis. I don't know...

Reactions: Josecoelho
That is what is confusing to me. The reviews seem to be split down the middle. 50% of people love it and are getting much farther ranges while 50% of people hate it and got better range with their original remote controls. I feel like the area where they are being run has a lot to do with it but I have no way of knowing how it would affect mine. I live in the middle of Indiana, so it's pretty flat here, suburb of Indianapolis. I don't know...

I was researching the same dilemma when I was talked OUT of the ARGtek and went with the Itelite DBS for my P3S. On a good day in wide open spaces at 400 feet (or so) I can get out 2 miles or more. Too chicken to go any further, the LOS is long gone at that distance anyway.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I did little research before i bought mine.. just knew i wanted more range. I tried in the middle of open farm field up here in Canada. Still some trees around and not as flat as Indiana LOL. I tested with both controls in farm field and in a busier area and the results seemed consistent... Stock better then modded ARGtek. Maybe I just got a defective product!

Just do this and you'll be happy :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 732
I did little research before i bought mine.. just knew i wanted more range. I tried in the middle of open farm field up here in Canada. Still some trees around and not as flat as Indiana LOL. I tested with both controls in farm field and in a busier area and the results seemed consistent... Stock better then modded ARGtek. Maybe I just got a defective product!

I'm sure some tech-savvy forum members know how to check these for problems.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wish I could ask a question without getting blasted and talked down to, my god. Actually you didn't answer my question. I clicked the link that you sent me and this is all the info that was present:

Phantom 3 Standard with quick mount is in stock and shipping NOW
Itelite has done it again… a simple solution … stong and durable
very easy to attach and remove for a quick 3 mile flight!!
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE
Phontom 3 Standard is quickly becoming the most popular drone in the air today

This tells me nothing, which is why I asked. I would have no reason to believe this replaces my current antenna, especially since it says it can easily be attached and removed. If you look, I also addressed the other link that was sent and said that I had heard the reviews weren't too favorable on the other one.

So, after sorting through all of the condescension, it appears I can purchase the above mentioned product from DBS mods and it will replace the broken antenna on the controller that I have. Thanks.

Depending on where it is broke it could be fixed. Mine broke the plastic pins that hold it together and allow it to pivot. I cut a sewing needle to fit and used it. Worked great..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a couple in very good condition and am happy to help anyone who needs them. $10 each plus shipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.