Odd Litchi Question

Reaction score
This question came up somewhere else and I didn't know the answer so I'm interested to know if anybody here knows. I'm going to attempt to keep it as short as I can so forgive me if it's hard to understand. It was actually much longer as a conversation, but this is the gist of it. If it's not clear, please ask.

Let's suppose I have programmed an autonomous flight and that the flight is programmed correctly. No human errors in other words. I fly the flight and something goes wrong with the craft and it crashes beyond owner repair. Let's suppose further that the logs clearly show a fault with the system itself. Let's call it a GPS failure just for example, but it could have been an ESC or anything like that. So here's the question.

Many times, DJI has stood behind these types of crashes with GO! and replaced the craft. Will the flight log show that Litchi was in use and will DJI use that as a crutch and an "out" to reject any claim against craft failure or would they take responsibility if the failure was indeed something that was a defect failure?

Hope that makes sense. I look forward to seeing supported answers.

If you search you will find threads where DJI honoured warranty where litchi (and other third party apps) were used to control the AC. If DJI hardware/software issue is identified you won't have issues. The problems arise where the AC isn't recovered and can't be provided to DJI for log analysis. DJI will not accept the litchi flight log as evidence (in some instances they will honour warranty where the DJI GO log is the only available evidence). The litchi log does not work with the DJI analysis tools, contains less information and is easily edited by the user (the DJI log contains safeguards against user manipulation.

Thought of a scenario similar to yours and would assume that DJIs business model is similar to others where it precludes the use of third party apps, accessories and the like. Unless it was a catastrophic hardware failure that would have occurred regardless of the method of flight, I would assume you are out there on your own. Having said that you could throw yourself at their mercy and cross your fingers. I am pretty certain that they can tell which app you are using at the time and make the relevant call on it. I, like many others, use Litchi and make sure the drone is ready to fly before I start any mission to reduce any chance of getting it wrong.

Thought of a scenario similar to yours and would assume that DJIs business model is similar to others where it precludes the use of third party apps, accessories and the like. Unless it was a catastrophic hardware failure that would have occurred regardless of the method of flight, I would assume you are out there on your own. Having said that you could throw yourself at their mercy and cross your fingers. I am pretty certain that they can tell which app you are using at the time and make the relevant call on it. I, like many others, use Litchi and make sure the drone is ready to fly before I start any mission to reduce any chance of getting it wrong.
We don't have to assume. User experiences in threads reveal that DJI dies not automatically deny warranty where a 3rd party app is used. Autoflight logic will assist users in obtaining warranty coverage where DJI hardware/software is implicated (not sure about litchi). Fact is most crashes are user error/inexperience. We also
Know DJI will not consider a warranty claim where the litchi app log is the only available evidence, if you can provide the AC for log analysis this isn't relavent.

We don't have to assume. User experiences in threads reveal that DJI dies not automatically deny warranty where a 3rd party app is used. Autoflight logic will assist users in obtaining warranty coverage where DJI hardware/software is implicated (not sure about litchi). Fact is most crashes are user error/inexperience. We also
Know DJI will not consider a warranty claim where the litchi app log is the only available evidence, if you can provide the AC for log analysis this isn't relavent.
Well I stand corrected, i assumed (there is that word again) the opposite from experiences with cars and motorbikes over the years. Cheers.

Well I stand corrected, i assumed (there is that word again) the opposite from experiences with cars and motorbikes over the years. Cheers.
Even with your cars and bikes while the manufacturers try it on you will often defeat them where you can demonstrate (or in the alternative they can't reasonably argue) the afternarket part or modification did not cause the issue subject if the claim. I've been there with an aftermarket diesel filtration system and pump (all the factory hardware was still in place). The injector pump failure had nothing to do with it (enough failed in stock setup to demonstrate that). We need to remember that the DJI SDK allows for the 3rd party developers to produce apps. DJI encourages it.

Even with your cars and bikes while the manufacturers try it on you will often defeat them where you can demonstrate (or in the alternative they can't reasonably argue) the afternarket part or modification did not cause the issue subject if the claim. I've been there with an aftermarket diesel filtration system and pump (all the factory hardware was still in place). The injector pump failure had nothing to do with it (enough failed in stock setup to demonstrate that). We need to remember that the DJI SDK allows for the 3rd party developers to produce apps. DJI encourages it.
Yes I've had similar experiences with my bikes having fitted superior aftermarket accessories and had issues with non related components failing. I've had more wins than losses and have decided to wait out any warranty conditions before having made any changes. Third gear wheel stands at 180kph is a lot of fun though... Point taken on the DJI position, learnt something today.

Yes I've had similar experiences with my bikes having fitted superior aftermarket accessories and had issues with non related components failing. I've had more wins than losses and have decided to wait out any warranty conditions before having made any changes. Third gear wheel stands at 180kph is a lot of fun though... Point taken on the DJI position, learnt something today.
If I didn't learn something every time it wouldn't be worth comming here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20