Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Odd Flytrex data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joeg1717, Sep 14, 2014.

1. joeg1717

I just received my Core 2 the other day and on the second flight i logged i noticed very high altitude spikes. 3 of them when i yawed 360 deg. the spikes were in the range of several hundred feet, when in actuality the aircraft remained at the same altitude . the core is mounted on the right hand side of the body near the rear arm.

this is the flytrex link to the flight. http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... rdo-70496/ any insight would be appreciated . (i'm uploading the video for the flight now, it will be at the flytrex link )

thanks

joe

2. MadMitch88

I have the Flytrex Live and I can't trust the heading data at all, based on using it in a couple Dashware videos. It will show a heading of 225 when I know it's actually around 75. It seems to do a decent job at logging accurate height and horizontal speed measurements.

Methinks flight data won't truly be trustworthy until there is a combination of a Flytrex device and radar equipment (or even LIDAR?) to verify each other's measurements and cancel out the aberrant data. Just like real aircraft have now.

3. Fplvert

How did you attach core 2? Did you block the little hole on the back? I mounted mine on the front leg and it is very accurate. :D

4. shaun27

its the same with my flytrex core it says that I am higher then I am. the hole is not covered and I have installed by flytrex how to from they site.