Odd failsafe behaviour on P2 with 14SG

Reaction score
I received my 14SG this week, installed the receiver, read the manual and set it up how I wanted. All good so far.
I went out yesterday to make sure everything worked as expected and was generally pleased with the results other than the failsafe function.

I have SC set for GPS, Atti, Manual, which all works fine and I have SF set to force failsafe irrespective of the position of SC. The failsafe activates just fine and the P2 heads for home. However if I then cancel the failsafe (SF back to original position) I get the green lights to indicate GPS mode but I don't get back control of the P2, it just continues and lands as per failsafe protocol.

However, once I have the green lights back, if flick from GPS to Atti and back, I then get control back. I get exactly the same situation if I switch the radio off / on.

Do you other folks using Futaba's have the results?

Cheers

Pretty much the same for me

My P2 entered in failsafe mode (when facing bad signal ?) and went back to original location.

I was not able to take control of my P2 although RX/TX link was up .( according flashing code )
I've tried to turn off, turn on without success taking control.

Hope fully, P2 landed without issue.

I was very very surprised since with stock TX, as i remember, I was able to re-take control of my P2 after a On/Off/On sequence.

Currently, I'm not so confident using my 14SG:
-I m not very sure about the root cause: why did P2 enter in failsafe mode ?
-I was not able to re-take control of th P2

I m going to try a GPS/ATTI switch to take control back .

Cheers

I did some tests with my Futaba 14SG:
In GPS mode

When you power off the TX, P2 enters in FS mode ( followed by a WPT mode , as seen on OSD).

If you power on your TX , connection is established with P2 but you are not able to control P2
To take control you need to be in ATTI mode. Just after you can switch to GPS mode.

Now, I'm more confident with this FS scenario.
Better is to be trained with it because in stress situation it's difficult to "test" some settings...

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers