Obstacle avoidance not working

Reaction score
new phantom 4 pro which doesn't load it's object avoidance package-firmware up to date, all correctly selected on the app in p mode, re-calibrated vision positioning 2x, on launch a red warning that vision system is not operable. Can see yellow and red distance markers but could easily fly it into an object without any avoidance kicking in. Easily hand catch from front. Any others out there?

Welcome to the Forum!

No, I have not had or observed any member reporting any like failure of OA.

If my memory serves me correctly, the OA sensors came with a protective covering on each sensor, please make sure yours are not covered with a like covering. To test all sensors I would recommend you use tripod mode or beginners mode to ensure all sensors are active, then while hovering at 4 or 5 feet, you should be able to walk 360 degrees around the bird and see each sensor react to you. Also check the Go 4 app for all sensors being activated. Some defaults may not have the fully operational.

Good luck, and again welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: hankp
Welcome to the Forum!

No, I have not had or observed any member reporting any like failure of OA.

If my memory serves me correctly, the OA sensors came with a protective covering on each sensor, please make sure yours are not covered with a like covering. To test all sensors I would recommend you use tripod mode or beginners mode to ensure all sensors are active, then while hovering at 4 or 5 feet, you should be able to walk 360 degrees around the bird and see each sensor react to you. Also check the Go 4 app for all sensors being activated. Some defaults may not have the fully operational.

Good luck, and again welcome to the Forum.
Thank you. The sensors are not covered. when walking around 360 I do not get any reaction - there is no audible alarm although the radar indicates the distance. I recalibrate the VPS for the third time in a dark room which seemed to give me a more accurate result - VPS did recognize me and stopped in front of me when I flew it toward me - but no audible. I have checked to see if there is a setting that I've missed to enable sound warning but don't see that anywhere. The IPad is set up to allow DJI to notify, and volume is set high. Therefore, I have what appears to be intermittent VPS with no audible warning on the front system.Any further thoughts before i ship back to B&H and take my chances with another copy? Much appreciated. hp

Thank you. The sensors are not covered. when walking around 360 I do not get any reaction - there is no audible alarm although the radar indicates the distance. I recalibrate the VPS for the third time in a dark room which seemed to give me a more accurate result - VPS did recognize me and stopped in front of me when I flew it toward me - but no audible. I have checked to see if there is a setting that I've missed to enable sound warning but don't see that anywhere. The IPad is set up to allow DJI to notify, and volume is set high. Therefore, I have what appears to be intermittent VPS with no audible warning on the front system.Any further thoughts before i ship back to B&H and take my chances with another copy? Much appreciated. hp

Your welcome,
It sound like you have all the i's dotted and t's crossed. That said, the only few thoughts that come to mind are: try a different USB cable, different device, and lastly, delete and download a fresh copy of the DJI Go 4 App. Maybe make sure your device is transmitting the sound to a Bluetooth enable device.
Otherwise it sounds like your obstacle avoidance is functioning with regards to stopping an impact.

Another thought to test sound.
When you start the motors, the device should announce that the home point has been set. If you are not hearing this, I wouldn't think that the Phantom is not the problem.

Another thought to test sound.
When you start the motors, the device should announce that the home point has been set. If you are not hearing this, I wouldn't think that the Phantom is not the problem.
Great points, very helpful, thank you! I do not get any announcements. It appears on screen but no audible. I'm a pretty experienced pilot who only flies LOS but all that being said, if i get a chance to be warned about an obstacle i would like that. Thank you again for your comments.

Did you do a factory reset while connected to assistant 2 before carrying out vision calibration, might be worth a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31