Observation - Poor RC & FPV performance with certain mobile devices

Reaction score
It's common knowledge that FPV quality/responsiveness in the DJI GO App is affected by what kind of tablet/phone you use.

However, I have noticed that my normal RC controls are also affected by the device I use.

For example, my old phone was a Moto X 2013 (1.7 dual core, 2GB RAM). I just recently upgraded to a Moto X 2014 (2.5 Quad Core, 2GB RAM). New phone is noticeably faster/stable than the old. Strangely, I keep getting poor RC signal (and FPV signal) alerts and even disconnects with my new phone. I have tried flying my Phantom Standard back to back with each phone in the same area and can confirm that my new phone affects the RC signal, as well as FPV.

With all that said, I'm not sure why. I have slightly better wireless range with my new phone, but maybe it's overly intrusive on the controller - IDK.

Has anyone noticed this?

I only use Apple products and have never experienced it myself. Try flying without any device and see what happens. Also, be sure that there are not excessive apps running in the background.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4