NYT opinion piece

“We’re not selling morality here,” a telescope salesman said. “We’re selling binoculars and telescopes.” (The solution to this problem, police officers told people back then, was to close your blinds.)
This.

Reactions: ScatSpeak
Just another moron trying to make a headline .
He tests Technology :rolleyes:
He herd a buzzing noise runs outside and there it was 20' with beady-eyed o_O Drama queen .
He should get one and see what it can see but that won't help his reporting because then all the hysteria would be proved wrong .

His comment regarding the Michigan Technology Group who installed a cannon to shoot a net to down a quad would be illegal. Because it's illegal to arm a drone with an explosive device or to enable one to shoot a projectile,

It was a good finishing statement though that helps downplay the drama...

"Or you can do what I did, which was to wait about 15 seconds until my neighbor got bored and flew the drone somewhere else..."

A good follow-up would have been to approach the neighbor/owner and talk about his flight and your observation.... most people don't realize that typically we pilots are hovering in a spot as we review controls, set some parameters, configure something and it just looks like we're "looking at them" with the camera...

Presumably that's what happened in the "drone slayer" incident, the pilot was hovering a couple hundred feet up and orienting himself for flight over the friends target property several doors down... but to the ground observer, it could be easily construed as "watching my 16 year old daughter"...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20