NYPD Helicopter Chases Drone - MP3. Audio LaGuardia Airport

Re: NYPD Helicopter Chases Drone - MP3. Audio LaGuardia Airp

CarlJ said:
kymedic121 said:
Man you have taken everything I have said completely from context. If you would watch the national news you would know what the NYPD claimed and then if you would listen to the radio transmission in its entirety you would understand my point. **** man I am a police officer, and no I am not naive enough to believe that every person who wears the badge to be honest, ethical and moral in their duties. Yes there are many **** fine officers in this country and I consider myself one of them. Unfortunately some officers do exaggerate or fabricate just to hook someone up or to justify their actions. I am not saying these officers did this but it does seem that as the facts come out that the agencies first accounts are not as accurate as they lead the public to be. And furthermore Police Officers do NOT have the right of way at all times. Only if we are responding to an emergent situation. If this is not the case then we have no more priority than anyone else be it on the highway or in the air. I am sorry but if you think "Contempt of Cop" doesn't exist then you are sadly mistaken, some of these so called officers in todays law enforcement don't deserve the honor to wear the badge. Any man or woman who thinks he or she is special or should be given special consideration just because they carry a badge is nothing more than a egomaniac who is only there to serve themselves and not the citizens and communities they swore to serve. The badge one wears deserves respect, the person wearing doesn't deserve it by default.

Ok first, this is a forum and you're allowed equal time. If you feel I'm being unfair you have every right to call me on it, so can we dependence with the crying?

No one is suggesting that there are not good cops and bad cops, hence the open mind. I'm waiting for the case to go to court so I can get a clearer understanding of the facts. You're not required to wait, tar and feather away.

Here's my issue with what you've said.

1) You yourself are a police officer
2) Given your familiarity with the job, you don't trust cops--or at least some cops
3) You seem to be suggesting that there might be a better way

Here's my question, what is the better way?

And in closing you might think that I'm upset with what you're saying, and I'm not. I don't understand it, but I do respect the fact that you've explained what you believe, and that you continue to do so.

And you are correct that the police only need right of way in the commission of their duties, but I thought that would have been understood.

No, I am not upset and yes this is a forum and I respect your opinion and I am the first to always agree to disagree with someone. If you will read what I said, I totally agree with you. The NYDP did say that the Heli was almost struck, when in fact the radio transmission from the heli never said anything of the such. Absolutely, the police heli had a right to investigate anything flying around a bridge or any other structure in NYC especially since 9/11. But, I don't think its fair to charge someone with a crime when the officers themselves even said on the radio they didn't know if there was even a crime to charge them with. Yes, if these gents flew the Phantom toward their Heli or put the heli in any danger whatsoever then absolutely they should be charged with whatever the DA deemed necessary. The bottom line is that I don't blame the officers for investigating or even speaking to these men about the incident, that is reasonable. But for the NYPD to make an official statement that was broadcast nationwide on many national news channels and then the FAA releases the audio of the tower and police heli and these pilots never said that they were in any danger or that the phantom was placing their aircraft or anyone in danger. They police heli even stated on radio transmission that he was unaware if there was anything they could be charged with. I am not against all police officers, hell I am one of them. Yes, we all makes mistakes everyone does. But, I do have a problem with morally bankrupt police officers who go out here and fabricate or exaggerate a claim just in order to make an arrest. I am sorry that is wrong. We as police officers are here to protect and serve the citizens of a given community. We are not here to make life hard on folks, we are supposed to be here to help. Just because someone is arrested doesn't make them a bad person or deserve to be disrespected. Most folks find themselves in the back of cruiser and in front of a judge because they made a mistake in life and got caught doing so. I just have a problem with the "Contempt of Cop" or "Above the Law" mentality some law enforcement officers have. Unfortunately this does exist and its disgusting. If these guys were just flying around causing no harm they should not be charged with a crime just because some police officer doesn't approve or understand it. Once again I am not offended and please know that I Do Not despise my fellow brothers and sister police officers but I do have great disappointment and lack of respect for those that chose to use the badge for anything other than its intended purposes and that is enforce the law, to help the citizens and the communities in which they serve. This was my only point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik