NYC MTA TRAIN HUB

How in the world did you get permission to fly in that area? LOL!

Great footage and I admit I'd love to fly that area but dang it's some seriously crowded airspace.

Here is over view of NYC MTA HUB at Coney Island. Cheer!

Fantastic flying and filming along with editing and choice of music. Some nice footage for sure - great job!

I guess the questions are......are you someone who works for them and got the "ok".........are you someone with a big balls.........or, are you someone who says "rules......what rules"? LOL!

actually this isn't bad. i had seen some one flying in that football behdind the school.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Great footage and I admit I'd love to fly that area but dang it's some seriously crowded airspace.

I have some seen one flying FPV racer between the tracks.

I meant; why would you need permission? I don't see anything restricted about trains, train tracks, parked train cards and associated hard roof buildings. Fly away.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DiB any chance you took the time to look at a sectional chart to see what airspace this was shot in? Unless I missed something it's in Class Bravo (some of the busiest in the nation) from 7000' to the surface. I circled the approximate area where the train yard is with a red circle and red arrow just click on the thumbnail below.

I'm not saying anything bad against the OP and merely asked a simple question.

NYC_SEctional2.jpg

DiB any chance you took the time to look at a sectional chart to see what airspace this was shot in? Unless I missed something it's in Class Bravo (some of the busiest in the nation) from 7000' to the surface. I circled the approximate area where the train yard is with a red circle and red arrow just click on the thumbnail below.

View attachment 66340

Hey, we are fine here. KJkF is 13 miles away and KLGA is 18 miles away. Thee is 2 RC flying in Brooklyn.

klnyc

Hey, we are fine here. KJkF is 13 miles away and KLGA is 18 miles away. Thee is 2 RC flying in Brooklyn.

klnyc

Good deal.

I believe it's not within restricted airspace

I highly suggest we keep this thread on topic and not venture into personal attacks on ANY level.

He appears to NOT be in Bravo class airspace. I assume over private property and the way they are with most railroads and train yards I imagine they would find something to make you have a bad day. Cool shots none the less! :)

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 8.11.37 PM✨.png

From the sectional charts it looks like he is flying below class E airspace that starts at 700' with class B airspace above that starting at 1,500'. So that should make below 700' class G airspace where he looks to have been flying.

Assuming all was legal, nice flying.

View attachment 66340

It's further south - below the "CRI" notation for Cararsie - in Class G underneath Class E 1500-7000'.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20