NYC Flying Fields Hassle free

Reaction score
Hey DJI, and QuadCopter Pilots I just want to ask NYC pilots if you have found it difficult to find areas in NYC, to fly your Quad Copter with out hassles. well, I looked up Model AirCraft Fields that are free to fly in NYC

Queens; Flushing Meadow Corona Park
Forest Park
Brooklyn, Calvert Vaux Park
Marine Park
Statin Island, La Tourett Park

This is the list I was able to find that have Aviation Fields, in NYC. if anyone knows of others please tell me as I compiling a list of Parks and fields. Thank You . Thrash 113

I'm from Westchester but work in the bronx and there is a park call van Cortland that's where I fly when i got a chance and never a issue.

Thrash113 said:
Hey DJI, and QuadCopter Pilots I just want to ask NYC pilots if you have found it difficult to find areas in NYC, to fly your Quad Copter with out hassles. well, I looked up Model AirCraft Fields that are free to fly in NYC

Forest Park
Marine Park

This is the list I was able to find that have Aviation Fields, in NYC. if anyone knows of others please tell me as I compiling a list of Parks and fields. Thank You . Thrash 113

Hey Thrash, this was always weird to me.... Flushing Meadow Park is right next to LaGuardia Airport.. I'm not sure of the rules at hobby flying fields... BUT, I do know everything we have been told about flying within 5 miles of an airport this negates.... Weird to me...

SkysTheLimit said:
Thrash113 said:

Forest Park
Marine Park

Hey Thrash, this was always weird to me.... Flushing Meadow Park is right next to LaGuardia Airport.. I'm not sure of the rules at hobby flying fields... BUT, I do know everything we have been told about flying within 5 miles of an airport this negates.... Weird to me...

There is a Park Flyer ("park flyers" are fixed wing RC craft less than 2 lb in weight, fly slower than 60 mph, and are electric) flying park here in Seattle just 3 blocks northeast of SeaTac Airport. It is really unerving to see an airliner on take off or approach at the same altitude as your little RC plane. I'm assuming that since these are all small RC planes that aren't flown far or high, that the FAA is fine with this little RC park just a stone's throw (well if Randy "the Unit" Johnson was throwing) from the runway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1