NY Village banning drones?

Reaction score
Was watching the mid-day news today, NY station & they mentioned that at 5 tonite they will talk about some NY village/town banning all usage of drones.

Anyone heard of this? Know where it is?

Was watching the mid-day news today, NY station & they mentioned that at 5 tonite they will talk about some NY village/town banning all usage of drones.

Wouldn't be the first in the USA to do so.............

One of the first cities in the United States to pass a drone ban was the small town of St. Bonifacius, Minn. Located about 25 miles outside Minneapolis, St. Bonifacius may be just one square mile in size, but was the first city in Minnesota to pass a ban.

Here's the article link in case you are interested.........Small Town’s Drone Ban Sparks Statewide Discussion just total lunacy IMO for any village, town, city to do these things.....

A precedent is being set. If it holds, many towns, municipalities and cities where drone hysteria has been embraced might expect the same.

In a way, I hope Amazon fills the skies with delivery drones....just to punk these small minded people...even though it might not end well for hobbyist.

Reactions: DroneDog
What irrated me the most was the newscaster, not sure if local or national person, stated that the FAA bans flights above 400 ft, which we all know is a lie. The FAA recommends that we do not fly above 400 ft.
Stupid people.
Much as I understand the peeping issues, & in this case with the Great Necks Estate village it was teens misusing the drones, I do not agree with this. The fact they think they can ban them makes me want to be an ahole & go up there to fly them just because. And I could swear I saw that others areas on Long Island are banning them also.
They say they are even banning them for real estate purposes, but I couldnt find anything about if you lived there you couldnt even fly from your own property.

Which St Bonificus allows, if you own land you can fly over it. I'll be keeping an eye on a few other places that I frequent & own property in.
As JKD says this is starting down a very slippery slope. Where I live right now, I've been in touch with my legislature folks, so far they are mostly pro drone. But that could change in a heartbeat. :mad:

Reactions: JKDSensei
My hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia was the 1st city to ban drones. Some idiot buzzed thru the streets a few years ago, making a commercial. He was fined by the FAA, challenged it in court over jurisdiction, and won, but was fined for something else and lost (or so the story goes).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj