Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

NW Georgia area. Need potential pilot buddies

Discussion in 'Southeast USA' started by Sky Architect, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Sky Architect

I'm fairly new to the trade. I have the P4, WiFi range extender 5+miles, and I'm wondering if I could get some info on awesome spots to fly or even potentially have a pilot buddy to fly with. Comment with your favorite local spots to fly!

2. Trexbob

I don't have any spots to fly but let me know if you find any or if you want to meet up! I'm in Marietta, right near KSU. Been trying to get some folks from Atlanta together but it's been tricky.

3. Sky Architect

Lol I can imagine. The world is a super busy place.I know the Georgia state government is only allowing veteran state Park as the only state Park to fly in. That rule never said city parks lol. I would be all about but right now transportation is a slight issue as my truck is still stolen.

4. Guzziknight

Hi,

I just found this forum. I got a P3 Standard yesterday for my birthday. Haven't flown it yet. I'm new to Quadcopter flying. I would love to get together with folks to watch/learn how to handle these things.

Sky Architect likes this.
  5. Trexbob

I can possibly meet up this weekend... Where are you located, and do you have a good place to fly (at least 5 miles from an airport)?

6. Guzziknight

I'm in Sugar Hill, between Cumming and Buford. I can't meet this weekend. Are you able to meet on weekdays. No idea where to fly at this time.

7. Sky Architect

I never got a notification for the reply. I haven't ventured out too far from home but I am looking in to starting a group just to shoot the bull with. I'm brand new to the hobby but I do plan on building a small fpv soon. My goal is to eventually build a hexacoptor with super range and nice camera.

Anyways, I live near Rossville georgia area. Any meet up spots or fly spots are much appreciated.

8. Sky Architect

Possibly depending on time of day and my work schedule.

9. Sky Architect

Where are you located?

10. Guzziknight

I'm in Sugar Hill, near Buford. Planning on driving to the Georgia Guidestones in Elberton in the morning to shoot some sunrise shots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

11. gamike

Hey guys. I'm in Adairsville. Out in the country. Just let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

markusofmayhem likes this.
  12. glataif2016

I'm in Floyd County