NW Georgia area. Need potential pilot buddies

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the trade. I have the P4, WiFi range extender 5+miles, and I'm wondering if I could get some info on awesome spots to fly or even potentially have a pilot buddy to fly with. Comment with your favorite local spots to fly!

I don't have any spots to fly but let me know if you find any or if you want to meet up! I'm in Marietta, right near KSU. Been trying to get some folks from Atlanta together but it's been tricky.

I don't have any spots to fly but let me know if you find any or if you want to meet up! I'm in Marietta, right near KSU. Been trying to get some folks from Atlanta together but it's been tricky.

Lol I can imagine. The world is a super busy place.I know the Georgia state government is only allowing veteran state Park as the only state Park to fly in. That rule never said city parks lol. I would be all about but right now transportation is a slight issue as my truck is still stolen.

Hi,

I just found this forum. I got a P3 Standard yesterday for my birthday. Haven't flown it yet. I'm new to Quadcopter flying. I would love to get together with folks to watch/learn how to handle these things.

Reactions: Sky Architect
I can possibly meet up this weekend... Where are you located, and do you have a good place to fly (at least 5 miles from an airport)?

I'm in Sugar Hill, between Cumming and Buford. I can't meet this weekend. Are you able to meet on weekdays. No idea where to fly at this time.

I can possibly meet up this weekend... Where are you located, and do you have a good place to fly (at least 5 miles from an airport)?

I never got a notification for the reply. I haven't ventured out too far from home but I am looking in to starting a group just to shoot the bull with. I'm brand new to the hobby but I do plan on building a small fpv soon. My goal is to eventually build a hexacoptor with super range and nice camera.

Anyways, I live near Rossville georgia area. Any meet up spots or fly spots are much appreciated.

Hi,

I just found this forum. I got a P3 Standard yesterday for my birthday. Haven't flown it yet. I'm new to Quadcopter flying. I would love to get together with folks to watch/learn how to handle these things.

Where are you located?

I'm in Sugar Hill, near Buford. Planning on driving to the Georgia Guidestones in Elberton in the morning to shoot some sunrise shots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Guys,
I'm in the Rome/Cartersville/Rockmart area. No great suggestions on flight spots.

But I did want to let you all know, should you have the horrible misfortune to get your drone stuck in the top of a tall Georgia pine, I know a tree climber that will get it down.

No, I do not care to discuss why I have this info.

Atlanta but generally fly over Allatoona, southwest end where 75 crosses the lake. Great scenery on the lake.

Be careful around the dam. I hear they don't like drones there.

The park at the bottom of the **** is pretty cool though.

Yeah, the first set of rapids below, or I think it is the second parking area from the dam is as far as I have ventured. When the water is low and the light is right, you can get right down on the rocks in the shallows. Pretty cool. Can't wait to try the P4P there.

I live in Cartersville. Never flown by the dam but I have hiked up pine mountain to fly. There are places along the Etowah river are good places if you are comfortable fly over water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20