Nvidia Shield video glitch captured

1490989219229-537121242.jpg

My shield glitches so bad now its nearly unusable to fly. Anything more than 1000ft and while in motion and it glitches. I've tried lowering data rate and switching channels. Im about done with it. Sprint is pretty much giving me an ipad 9.7 or a mini4 as a credit that they owe me, they havent deciddd on which to give me the crddit fir fir their billing mistake. Will cost less than $20 with service. So why not.

OK so today I decided that I need to hunt down this bug before I get the ipad. I need to 100% determine the cause. today I have.

- Backed up sd card and reformated
- Cleared all caches
- Brand spankin new usb cable that I tested for qaulity by doing some large file tranfers to and from an external drive.
- Developer mode
- force gpu on 2d ON
- show cpu usage (to see if theres a bottleneck on the proc)
- usb debug ON
- Did the 32 channel mod (video here)
- watched the channel activity for a good solid 5 minutes in the area I usually fly from, walked around a little and found a more solid channel than what the stock settings gave me.
- fresh charge on everything
- all apps killed, any app I dont use is disabled if it can be disabled
- Optimized DJI app in the perfomance settings, it was already at "auto" but I set to custom and set it to the max.
- I have an sd card installed on the tablet for storage. I removed that. dont want it having to read or write to that card for any reason.

updated any app that need a update for performance.
Problem appeared in DJI-GO app version 3.1.3 and also DJI-GO 3.1.5
rolled back to 3.1.3 from a back and will start there.

Going to fly now.

You said you are running Chrome, in my samsung tablet when I look at resources chrome is the biggest user even when it's not open, disable chrome notifications and force stop it, this made a difference in my tab4. I cannot use GO4 as the video is a no go but the bird flys well. I downgraded to GO 3.1.3 RC 1.6.0 and AC 01.02.0503 and my bird has super reception on RC signal and video. It may not have the latest update for toys but I don't use them anyways.

OK so today I decided that I need to hunt down this bug before I get the ipad. I need to 100% determine the cause. today I have.

- Backed up sd card and reformated
- Cleared all caches
- Brand spankin new usb cable that I tested for qaulity by doing some large file tranfers to and from an external drive.
- Developer mode
- force gpu on 2d ON
- show cpu usage (to see if theres a bottleneck on the proc)
- usb debug ON
- Did the 32 channel mod (video here)
- watched the channel activity for a good solid 5 minutes in the area I usually fly from, walked around a little and found a more solid channel than what the stock settings gave me.
- fresh charge on everything
- all apps killed, any app I dont use is disabled if it can be disabled
- Optimized DJI app in the perfomance settings, it was already at "auto" but I set to custom and set it to the max.
- I have an sd card installed on the tablet for storage. I removed that. dont want it having to read or write to that card for any reason.

updated any app that need a update for performance.
Problem appeared in DJI-GO app version 3.1.3 and also DJI-GO 3.1.5
rolled back to 3.1.3 from a back and will start there.

Going to fly now.
Roll the Nvidia back to marshmallow and your problem will be solved. It worked for me any many more.

You said you are running Chrome, in my samsung tablet when I look at resources chrome is the biggest user even when it's not open, disable chrome notifications and force stop it, this made a difference in my tab4. I cannot use GO4 as the video is a no go but the bird flys well. I downgraded to GO 3.1.3 RC 1.6.0 and AC 01.02.0503 and my bird has super reception on RC signal and video. It may not have the latest update for toys but I don't use them anyways.

Yes i am running 3.1.3 also.
Yes Chrome is resource hog, but already disabled.

Roll the Nvidia back to marshmallow and your problem will be solved. It worked for me any many more.

I never went past 6.0.1. Nothing to roll back.

I am running stronger now, my conclusion was that the channel mod and data rate made the most noticable difference. I was able to hit about 3000ft out at 375ft before trasnmission warnings. There was some heavy tree cover the signal had to punch through.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj