Nvidia Shield recall!

I got mine a few days ago. Updated and rooted in minutes.

The old one never deactivated so Im going to sort that out before sending it back.

A little naughty but would it be possible to install a custom firmware in order to not get deactivated? Don't think you really have to send it back - the return address is an electronic recycling plant.

That thought crossed my mind briefly but nvidia has handled this recall amazingly and I recieved a new tablet in less than 3 weeks which is impressive . So the least I can do is send them their Fire hazard back to them. And I'll probably be a nvidia shield customer for a long time because of the way they handled this situation.

I've still not got mine, did you get a confimation email when it was dispatched? The only email i got was this which was on 1 august, over 4 weeks ago now.

Dear NVIDIA Tablet Customer,

Thank you for submitting a claim to replace your tablet. Your replacement will ship within the next 2-4 weeks.

Please follow the included instructions to replace or dispose of your old tablet.

Please make sure to back up your photos, video and data files, so that you may access them from your replacement tablet.

As a reminder, when you set up your new tablet, your old tablet will be deactivated and no longer function.

Please remove all accessories – cover, SIM card, SD card, etc. – before returning your old tablet.

Thank you for your loyalty and for participating in this recall effort.

Sincerely,
NVIDIA

I've still not got mine, did you get a confimation email when it was dispatched? The only email i got was this which was on 1 august, over 4 weeks ago now.

Dear NVIDIA Tablet Customer,

Thank you for submitting a claim to replace your tablet. Your replacement will ship within the next 2-4 weeks.

Please follow the included instructions to replace or dispose of your old tablet.

Please make sure to back up your photos, video and data files, so that you may access them from your replacement tablet.

As a reminder, when you set up your new tablet, your old tablet will be deactivated and no longer function.

Please remove all accessories – cover, SIM card, SD card, etc. – before returning your old tablet.

Thank you for your loyalty and for participating in this recall effort.

Sincerely,
NVIDIA
Yeah you should get an email with the shipping and tracking info from ups.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.