Nvidia shield K1

So I have picked up the K1 and flown my first couple of flights with the P4. I have been flying local but am going to fly in a different area in a couple of days. So I get how to cache maps for where I am going. But a question. When you have cached some map data for an area how long does it stay on your K1? I have read some general advice that said once you cached a map to not turn off your tablet until you go to do the flight. Is that the case with the K1? Having to leave the tablet on once I cache a map isn't the best answer but if thats the case so be it.

So I have picked up the K1 and flown my first couple of flights with the P4. I have been flying local but am going to fly in a different area in a couple of days. So I get how to cache maps for where I am going. But a question. When you have cached some map data for an area how long does it stay on your K1? I have read some general advice that said once you cached a map to not turn off your tablet until you go to do the flight. Is that the case with the K1? Having to leave the tablet on once I cache a map isn't the best answer but if thats the case so be it.

I had to do a show (video & photos) at the weekend so I cached the maps of the area about a week before and switched off the tablet (K1) so the battery would still be at 100% this weekend, the maps were still on the K1 working perfect.
I use my K1 just for my P3P nothing else.
in my case after 30 days I re cache my maps as google will only allow them for a certain time which I believe is 30 days

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Just purchased P3P and chose (knowing nothing) the Nvidia K1 from the DJI list of compatible/suggested tablets, mainly due to the 8" screen and lower end price. I found this site during a search as to what I really did to myself purchasing this tablet. I was blown away at the positive feedback posted in this forum. I am now happy I made the choice, and am now a new member to Phantom Pilots. Tons of info here!!

I agree with above - the maps seem to want to vanish after a certain period and 30 says seems about right. The trick is to get the maps renewed BEFORE they vanish, and I need to work on that...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers