Nvidia shield K1

I bought these anti glare matte protectors for my shield and they do a superb job with the glare of the k1 screen. They are hard to put on without getting bubbles - be sure screen is perfectly clean before applying and don't try and get rid of the bubbles until the screen is fully installed. The matte does reduce the brightness a little but the reduction in glare was oh so worth it for me.

Amazon.com: [3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector For NVIDIA Shield Tablet / Tablet K1 -Lifetime Replacements Warranty - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories

I'm on lollipop, and the battery life seems fine - about the same as my Nexus 7 was. Put it this way, I'm not constantly charging it up. I would recommend that you don't upgrade to marshmallow though - it brings nothing new of any real use and introduces loads of bugs. Plus your tablets compass won't work.

Simple advice required: P3P bought, realisation that iPhone4 wasn't man enough (duh!) and now K1 Shield purchased following reviews on here.

Please can someone simplify how to streamline the Shield to fit the P3P flying experience?

I'm a simpleton so be gentle - disable Google play? USB debugging? these are words I see written down but will need step by step guides to enable me to do it!!

Thanks in advance

Simple advice required: P3P bought, realisation that iPhone4 wasn't man enough (duh!) and now K1 Shield purchased following reviews on here.

Please can someone simplify how to streamline the Shield to fit the P3P flying experience?

I'm a simpleton so be gentle - disable Google play? USB debugging? these are words I see written down but will need step by step guides to enable me to do it!!

Thanks in advance
To be honest, with the Shield you shouldn't need to do any of that. I found mine just worked out of the box without having to do all that fiddling. Whatever you do though, don't upgrade to android 6.0 at least for now......

Thanks - but didn't I read somewhere that people were over the moon with the battery management on the new Marshmallow OS?

Sounds like - link up the shield with the P3P and see how it goes?

Next dilemma is DJI GO or Litchi - pros and cons anyone?

Has anyone used Asus zen pad with Intel Atom processor?
They are on sale from BB for $150 for presidents day sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - but didn't I read somewhere that people were over the moon with the battery management on the new Marshmallow OS?

Sounds like - link up the shield with the P3P and see how it goes?

Next dilemma is DJI GO or Litchi - pros and cons anyone?
I read the opposite. They have released a patch (6.1) which I believe addresses at least some of the issues, but it breaks the tablets compass. If yours came preloaded with 5.1 I would stick with that.....Marshmallow brings absolutely zero to the table if you're going to be using it exclusively for flying. Battery life is fine, even on max brightness.

Yes - plan is to use just for flying so will check what it's preloaded with and refuse any upgrade beyond 5.1 for now.

Thanks!

The KI looks like a good option, but I do have one question though...if it only has WIFI (ie no cell phone data access) will it still work in the filed. I guess I'd have to pre cache maps but with the GPS work without cell phone access on just WIF

The KI looks like a good option, but I do have one question though...if it only has WIFI (ie no cell phone data access) will it still work in the filed. I guess I'd have to pre cache maps but with the GPS work without cell phone access on just WIF

yes pre cache as you mentioned.

I have been using mine since begin of Jan. once there was a issue about compass (easy to fix then), but that fixed as I have NO issues with compass at all.
I have the lastest updates and android version.
The newer update allows you to include SD memory into the system memory as one large usable resource.

Have done nothing or removed nothing and it is fine with my Pro and the advanced before that . also have used it with my standard a little
android 6.0
3.10.67 kernel vs.
shield software vs 1.1

edit.
just grabbed the shield from drone case last used it 5 days ago and forgot to shut tablet off , it was still at 70% battery.

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: skeeter
What was the compass fix? Mine seems to be working ok.. (K1, latest MM, Shield, not-rooted...)

Thanks!

PM if you want to. Don't want to hijack the thread...

yes pre cache as you mentioned.

I have been using mine since begin of Jan. once there was a issue about compass (easy to fix then), but that fixed as I have NO issues with compass at all.
I have the lastest updates and android version.
The newer update allows you to include SD memory into the system memory as one large usable resource.

Have done nothing or removed nothing and it is fine with my Pro and the advanced before that . also have used it with my standard a little
android 6.0
3.10.67 kernel vs.
shield software vs 1.1

edit.
just grabbed the shield from drone case last used it 5 days ago and forgot to shut tablet off , it was still at 70% battery.

good luck and have fun flying!

Hi Everyone

I received my shield K1 two days ago but can't make it work with my P3A. I keep on seeing the welcome screen asking to choose my phantom model. But i never see the Enter Camera View button like i'm supposed to.
i come from apple device and have never used any PC. I use to have an iPad mini with my P3A which was fine, but I decided to move to Android tablet for improved lag time and especially use vertical studio app. My iPad ini first gen was not powerful enough to run Vertical studio app. As I did not want to put another €400 into a new iPad device, I thought Android tablet was as easy as apple is but i can't make it work :/
Sorry if I look dumb, i'm used to plug an play with apple ^_^

Here is the specs of my tablet :
Android 6.0
Brain version 3.10.67+
Build number MRA58K.41524_664.1902
Shield Software version 1.1(24.3.66.43)

I run DJI Go App 2.7.0

As i've read before, USB debugging is turned OFF

I'm so lost into all these figures, don't know where to start. Can someone please help? Thank you

try a different usb cable
and or
unplug and replug in to device while all on

Just want to echo a couple of folks from above. Picked up a Shield K1 and anguished over updating due to the compass issues discussed here. Bit the bullet and running the latest updates for the tablet. Zero issues with the compass after calibrating once with field compass. Added a 64 gig card as adoptable storage. All working great! No lag at all.

Reactions: kirk2579
My K1 shield arrived today nice size screen resolution looks great.
Was hoping for plug n play woth dji go app on psp. Updated to android 6. But NO SIGNAL flashing in red top of screen. Its lije 5 foot away from me inside (no props)

Any sugestions , special settings on the k1?
Anyone else experienced similar?
Need to get bird in air this weekend ...

My K1 shield arrived today nice size screen resolution looks great.
Was hoping for plug n play woth dji go app on psp. Updated to android 6. But NO SIGNAL flashing in red top of screen. Its lije 5 foot away from me inside (no props)
You have got it connected to the controller via the cable?

Thanks in advance
Go on you tube and type " enable USB debugging and follow The instructions. You tube is a good resource.

Last edited:
I got it working. My bad had to update everything and boom. Tested and all good. Use to use tab 4 was good untill recently. Dji Updates must be more demanding on processor.
Battery on K1 seemed to go down fast. Not sure how much flight time one will get from a charge? Anyone any idea, or suggest ways to conserve power on K1?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj