Nvidia shield K1

So reading this thread it seems that the Nvidia Shield K1 is very good to be used with the P3P. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and there is a lot of lag, nearly a 1 second. I then connect my Samsung S5 and it is like there is no lag at all, but the screen is too small.

So I am thinking to upgrade for a Shield K1. Should I wait for something (tablet) else or go for the shield K1?

The processor, ram, and price should be what makes up your mind on buying the Shield K1 now.

I'm surprised that the local big box stores like Best Buy doesn't have it in stock. Seems like Nvidia is losing a lot of Christmas sales to the likes of Samsung and Apple. Perhaps Nvidia just couldn't produce enough in time for the holidays. It's a shame though, the specs are excellent at the price point it's at.
I wonder what's the shipping time is like for Amazon, B&H and Newegg, would I get it before Christmas?

Would you have the time to explain how to apply most of the power to one app? Thanks AL

From research I have done on the K1, they suggest setting the Processor Mode to the Max Performance option and not doing it by each app. Or you can select the apps tab and go through each app on the list.

Settings/ SHIELD Power Control/ select....

Processor Mode - to set this feature.
APPS (above tab) - to set apps.

Reactions: AL T
From research I have done on the K1, they suggest setting the Processor Mode to the Max Performance option and not doing it by each app. Or you can select the apps tab and go through each app on the list.

Settings/ SHIELD Power Control/ select....

Processor Mode - to set this feature.
APPS (above tab) - to set apps.[/QUO

!
Thank You Sir, I'll do that when K-1 gets some battery life

I'm surprised that the local big box stores like Best Buy doesn't have it in stock.
I don't think they sell it in Best Buy stores. I ordered one online last Monday and picked it up in a Best Buy store on Thursday.

I have a Nividia Shield K1 i need some help on setting it up for my P3P.
what do i need to turn off on it and what do i need to down load on it?
DBS Debugging?
Changing camera setting to 1080 60?
what else needs to be done to it?
thx Don.
Remember you're using the Nvidia shield just as a monitor so you don't really need to do anything at all other then adjust the debugging.
Don't add a lot of programs just the DJI go app. and enjoy. You might want to put on an anti-glare shield that all.

I will interested in how much video lag you have with this model.... I'm struggling with mine right now (Galaxy Tab S2) but maybe I'm expecting too much (coming from 5.8Ghz downlinks and FPV where the video was virtually instantaneous).
With the Nvidia shield tablet you shouldn't see any lag time at all remember this tablet is a gamers tablet and has all the speed and everything you need plus this tablet has an HDMI port and supports wi-fi for Internet access without an adapter.

Remember you're using the Nvidia shield just as a monitor so you don't really need to do anything at all other then adjust the debugging.
Don't add a lot of programs just the DJI go app. and enjoy. You might want to put on an anti-glare shield that all.

What does debugging do to the nvidia shield?

With the Nvidia shield tablet you shouldn't see any lag time at all remember this tablet is a gamers tablet and has all the speed and everything you need plus this tablet has an HDMI port and supports wi-fi for Internet access without an adapter.
If decoding and rendering by the tablet is the only source of video lag, then Nvidia should be one of the fastest tablets. But there are probably other sources of lag, including encoding by the bird. The only way to know how much, if any, lag this tablet has is to post photos or videos that show a fast stopwatch in the Phantom's frame along with time displayed on the tablet. People have done this for several other phones and tablets, but so far I don't recall seeing any hard data of that sort for the Nvidia.

I would also like to know the answer to this.
I've been using the new Shield tablet for a few weeks and love it. No noticeable lag and I just unpacked it and started using it with no special settings that didn't pop up when I started the Go or Litchi app. One or two did but I don't remember what they were. I didn't change anything in Settings and have since downloaded more apps which doesn't seem to effect the Go or Litchi apps at all.

All I do is close other apps before starting the flying app and have done nothing special. And yes, I've used it with the Headplay goggles both using the add-on HTML from the controller and also the HTML on the Shield and both work admirably. I prefer using the Shield's HTML output so I see the exact same thing in the Headplay that I see on the screen. You just have to choose "Mirror" screen when it pops up. I have heard reports of lower battery life when using the Shield HTML but can't verify that as I only have two batteries for the P3P and yesterday the battery was at 53% on the Shield after flying but it was on a while before flying and about 20-25 minutes after.

I'm totally happy with the Shield. Especially after using the Note 4 as the monitor which was hard to see outside regardless of the amount of sunshine. I didn't have any technical problems with the Note 4 except visual ones.
I usually back up to something to get the sun glare off and so far haven't needed a hood. I did attach a non-glare film to the Shield but I"m going to take it off because no matter how hard I try I can't get the bubbles out.

For those who are trying to get a Shield from Amazon don't be discouraged, try every morning as when I finally decided to order it said, "Not available till Dec. 3 (about a week after when I initially tried to order) but went back two days later and they had 13 available. Since then when I check every few days I see they have them again but they go fast and at the end of the day they are all gone again. So they are selling as fast they receive them. IMO the Nvidia Shield is the best Android device out there since it works great out of the box without doing anything.

JerEl,
Do you have a link to which sunshade you are referring to or prefer? I've been looking at Amazon but there are several brands/models available and don't really know which one is the tried and true best model to go for with the K1, I don't mind waiting for it either. I had also thought of making one but I don't know if it's worth the time and effort when you can buy one pretty cheap $10-15.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj