Nvidia Shield K1 owners - new update today

Ok the so the k1 showed up today and wouldn't fit in my Dji backpack [emoji35]. Had to start cutting, first picture shows the way at sat before cutting. View attachment 44332
The next shows you can force it down a bit but there's no way the Phantom will fit on top.
View attachment 44333
Next few pictures show the way it sits after cutting.
View attachment 44335
View attachment 44336
View attachment 44337
View attachment 44338
I'm wondering if putting a tablet, especially the Nvidia tablet in your back pack near the compass of your bird is safe.

One would think the speaker magnets would eff up the compass during transport. What do you guys think?

I'm wondering if putting a tablet, especially the Nvidia tablet in your back pack near the compass of your bird is safe.

One would think the speaker magnets would eff up the compass during transport. What do you guys think?

Fin032,
Looks like you did a good job cutting up your backpack to make the Shield fit. I said the tablet would not fit, at least not without modifications. As far as the magnets go, I'm not sure. I would think that with the Phantom powered off in the case it would not be an issue. (Could be wrong though.) The Shield has more than just those speaker magnets though, there are also strong magnets along the edge (printed side)for the factory screen cover so again, I'm not sure. The Shield works great with the Phantom and I also like the fact that it has a HDMI output saving one from having to purchase the DJI HDMI board if you'd like to use FPV goggles or to a second monitor. I would recommend a anti-reflective screen protector.
I do hope you'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
Fin032,
Looks like you did a good job cutting up your backpack to make the Shield fit. I said the tablet would not fit, at least not without modifications. As far as the magnets go, I'm not sure. I would think that with the Phantom powered off in the case it would not be an issue. (Could be wrong though.) The Shield has more than just those speaker magnets though, there are also strong magnets along the edge (printed side)for the factory screen cover so again, I'm not sure. The Shield works great with the Phantom and I also like the fact that it has a HDMI output saving one from having to purchase the DJI HDMI board if you'd like to use FPV goggles or to a second monitor. I would recommend a anti-reflective screen protector.
I do hope you'll enjoy it.
A few have posted they removed the magnets in the tablet that were for the cover...
It appears to be a good idea lol.

r/theNvidiaShield

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Never thought about the magnets. I wouldn't expect them to do anything wile the power is off but I will try to remove the ones I can. I have also ordered the anti glare screen protector. Anyone any idea why I am not getting the map and the radar up at the some time plus the problem with the camera view having black lines top and bottom? This is what I thought I would be getting.

Took the rear cover off the K1 to have a look at the magnets. There is 2 I can see in the body and the rest are in the rear cover. Even though I don't think they will affect the Phantom in its case I am going to remove them just in case. There powerful wee things. My iPhone compass went all over the place with in 10cm of them.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455986721.074807.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455986752.110890.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455986767.045887.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455986782.333177.jpg

Wasn't bad no. It's just clipped on.The first bit that moved was next to the speaker. The magnets in the cover took a little heat from a hear dryer to push them off. The ones in the body came off with a little pressure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj