Nvidia Shield K1 - connection issues

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My guess is this is user error, but I just received my new shield today. I've got a USB to micro USB cable just from my desk that I've been trying to use, but no luck.

I've only installed the DJI app and hooked up with that cable but keep getting the "how to connect" option on the app.

Any ideas?

After opening DJI GO, swipe down from the top of the screen and make sure the USB connection mode is not set to charging.

when I got mine, I updated the thing off wi-fi.
installed DJI app.
connected to transmitter, when transmitter is turned on the DJI app asks to open.

when I got mine, I updated the thing off wi-fi.
installed DJI app.
connected to transmitter, when transmitter is turned on the DJI app asks to open.
Yea, thats how its been working on my Samsung Galaxy phone that I've been using for several weeks, not sure what my hang up is here.

Could it have anything to do with the latest firmware update? I had not updated on my phone but of course a new DJI app install on the tablet would be the latest... possible?

So I went in and found a way to open up developer options. I set it to debug mode and made sure that the USB connection is set to MTP but still no luck. I tried contacting Nvidia support and that was a waste of time, round and round for a long time just to be told to get a new cable. I've tried 3 different ones that I have and no difference, every time they're plugged in it charges the device. I've restarted, factory restart, anything I can think of.... argh

Well, it seems to be a recurring theme with these tablets. I was getting very frustrated and went through my junk drawer, pulled out an old unused cable and tried it.... well it worked! This is really strange and I wish there was an easier way to figure this out.

Oh well, at least its solved now.

glad you figured it out.
I remember I had a Garmin GPS unit I tried to upgrade. I used a cable i had sitting around. Didn't work. found out later some cheap cables are for charging only, they dont have all the pings connected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues