Nvidia Shield k1 Compass

Thanks Wolfie & Kirk. I have no cell service out here in the boonies (can you imagine?!) so don't have any cell phone or cables. Sounds good that the Phantom comes with a suitable cable. Lookin' forward to seeing my new gear!

Sorry to go on about this, but in my opinion, don't whatever you do ,'upgrade' to 6.0 or 6.1. I think Kirk had said that he has and had no compass issues but the vast majority have done and have had to revert back to 5.1, which is a messy business. ,5.1 works beautifully and there is no good reason to change.

I agree about 6. I tried it on my K1 and the compass did not work.
I had to go through the rather painful and pucker factor downgrade to 5.1 and everything is fine.
Unless there has been a recent update to 6 within the last couple of months, I am sticking with 5.

Please let us know what version of 6 runs and makes the compass functional...

I agree about 6. I tried it on my K1 and the compass did not work.
I had to go through the rather painful and pucker factor downgrade to 5.1 and everything is fine.
Unless there has been a recent update to 6 within the last couple of months, I am sticking with 5.

Please let us know what version of 6 runs and makes the compass functional...

An Nvidia update in mid April fixed the compass issue.

What’s New
  • Supports the new Vulkan API for high-efficiency access to SHIELD’s graphics hardware
  • Adds Android 6.0.1 changes
  • Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations
  • Adds USB MIDI support
  • Adds memory compression enhancement
  • Improved Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep
  • Fixed Compass functionality
  • Fixed Gamepad Mapper issues
  • Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card
  • Fixed Doom 3 HDMI output issue
  • Repositioned Lasso Capture icons in landscape mode
  • Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level March 1, 2016
  • Overall stability and security enhancements

Reactions: pomonabill220
Thanks Oso for the info.
I might just try it then.

I can confirm it now works fine, but whatever you do don't put the K1 on anything with magnetic field is the fridge or microwave etc as that will knock it out if whack

Thank you Neven, have you down graded your Nvidia Shield K1 to this level and no issues with the Go 4 app?

I just purchased this K1 two weeks ago and if i know the issues with Android 7 and the DJI Go 4 app, i would have never updated it at my initial K1 setup.

I am not so good at playing with CLI anymore but if i have all the tools, i can retrain and follow the steps.

What do you recommend for the BOOT loader tool? I know there are several ones our there including one off the Google play store Quick Boot.

Before i do this, any additional advice is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic