Nvidia Shield K

Reaction score
Hi guys. I believe the majority of the users of this forum are American so not sure if this is relevant.
I live in Northern Ireland, so hopefully someone may have come across this problem.
I have recently purchased an Nvidia Shield tablet after pouring over the posts and help on this forum. My problem is I cannot install the Sky Demon Light program on it. It keeps asking to install the Silverlight software first and then doesn't recognize it, and that is as far as I get.
Does anyone here have the Sky Demon Light installed on their Shield
Very Many Thanks

Hi guys. I believe the majority of the users of this forum are American so not sure if this is relevant.
I live in Northern Ireland, so hopefully someone may have come across this problem.
I have recently purchased an Nvidia Shield tablet after pouring over the posts and help on this forum. My problem is I cannot install the Sky Demon Light program on it. It keeps asking to install the Silverlight software first and then doesn't recognize it, and that is as far as I get.
Does anyone here have the Sky Demon Light installed on their Shield
Very Many Thanks
There's a native android app: SkyDemon - Android Apps on Google Play

Yea, thanks for the reply. I did look at that but as far as I know that is the paid version. Sky Demon Light is not as functional as the full blown software but it is free and I would think more than enough for what I need to achieve

Yea, thanks for the reply. I did look at that but as far as I know that is the paid version. Sky Demon Light is not as functional as the full blown software but it is free and I would think more than enough for what I need to achieve
But it's browser based, and requires Silverlight, which Android and Chrome don't support.

Sky Demon Light is web based?
Sky Demon is not?
So no way Sky Demon Light will not work on the Shield?

Sorry , wasn't paying attention and my diction leaves a lot to be desired.
I meant to say
Sky Demon Light does not work on android systems because silverlight is not supported
Therefor
SD Light will not work on Nvidia Shield?

Sorry , wasn't paying attention and my diction leaves a lot to be desired.
I meant to say
Sky Demon Light does not work on android systems because silverlight is not supported
Therefor
SD Light will not work on Nvidia Shield?
Correct.

Thank you very much for your patience. I take it you guys in the States do not use Nvidia Shield or if you do you wouldn't Sky Demon Light
Is there a comparable app/software to SD Light
Would you recommend a switch to the Goliath of Apple and their numerous machines?

Thank you very much for your patience. I take it you guys in the States do not use Nvidia Shield or if you do you wouldn't Sky Demon Light
Is there a comparable app/software to SD Light
Would you recommend a switch to the Goliath of Apple and their numerous machines?
Tons of guys use the Shield. I don't know whether there's something comparable to SD Light. And no, Apple does not support Silverlight either. In fact, nothing Linux based supports Silverlight because it is a Microsoft product and requires the .Net framework to run (technically you can get it to run on Linux proper if you install the Mono runtime libraries, but that's beside the point). So, perhaps check out what Microsoft has to offer in the tablet/mobile device market and then google whether the device supports Silverlight.

Thank you again.I have just completed the first part of my PfCO and everyone was talking about the Shield.
Im sure some lads were using a variation of an Ipad. I take it that SD Light would work on them.I also assume that the Ipad derivatives do not require silverlight

Thank you again.I have just completed the first part of my PfCO and everyone was talking about the Shield.
Im sure some lads were using a variation of an Ipad. I take it that SD Light would work on them.I also assume that the Ipad derivatives do not require silverlight
You are correct, there does appear to be an iOS version SkyDemon Light on the App Store

Hello to Northern Ireland!
Can't help you with your query but
I am a coleraine born and now in the Scottish Borders.
Just to say hello from my family.
Wish you all the best.
I just follow updates forwarded to myself from DJI and fly P4
Never had any problems for 3 years since I bought my 1st quad.
Wish you all the best and hope someone out there can help you.
All the best.

Hello to Northern Ireland!
Can't help you with your query but
I am a coleraine born and now in the Scottish Borders.
Just to say hello from my family.
Wish you all the best.
I just follow updates forwarded to myself from DJI and fly P4
Never had any problems for 3 years since I bought my 1st quad.
Wish you all the best and hope someone out there can help you.
All the best.
Hello Coleraine Man,
Im in Glenariffe myself. The Queen of the Glens. May have to change my tablet to get the SD Light. I have it on my phone now, so it might do for now.
Warm wishes from the Glens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20