Nvidia K1 magnets

Reaction score
Another poster said the the a magnet is built into it's case which greatly effects the P4 compass. Has anyone found this to be a problem? I just ordered a K1 to use for my new P4.

Just to clarify it won't affect the P4 compass but the built in tablet compass. Its horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Another poster said the the a magnet is built into it's case which greatly effects the P4 compass. Has anyone found this to be a problem? I just ordered a K1 to use for my new P4.
There are 5 strong magnets inside the back cover of the Shield + the speakers.
i-GJB45mn-M.jpg

Removing them didn't help for me.
Some users have commented that recent software updates have improved things for them.

I have a K1 and it's the only tablet my P4 has known flight time I'm guessing in excess of 6 hours knock on wood No issues I have flown in 2 different states

Sorry you are incorrect. The new ones have even more than 16. You can count them yourself please see the attachment. I have to know this stuff for designing. This is direct from apples developer files and it is the magnetic schematic for their smart covers, both the spline and the front side interface. This is the one for the new iPad Pro 9.7".
Yes, the smart covers have the magnets. Not the iPads themselves.

Wrong that schematic is for the iPad 9.7 not the smart cover. However even if it was for the smart cover the magnets on the iPad would.still.have to be directly opposite the magnets of the smart cover so that they would go together
Same amount of magnets opposite polarity for each.
Okay [emoji57]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31