Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Nvdia Shield Output to Monitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tcope, Oct 17, 2015.

1. tcope

I've been wanting to try the Nvidia Shield's output to HDMI and a monitor for some time now. I have an extra monitor and found an HDMI adaptor and long cable in a closet. Such a score. A few weeks ago I headed out to central Utah for some hiking and thought it would be a good test area. I worked perfectly and was very easy to set up. Threw together a video in case you want to take a look.

cocoamedia likes this.
  2. prendy35

This is what i was exactly looking for! So the best way to do it is a Nvdia Shield! Man thank you!!! I have been thinking of getting the shield and now I really want it! Can you tell me your thoughts on the responsiveness of the shield? I have a nexus 7 I am primarily using to fly now.

3. tcope

I see almost no lag when using the Shield. I have a video of this (the intro was funny to me at the time... play on Simon's videos... but I now think it's a little annoying. Sorry). The only complaint I have on the Shield is viewing the screen in sunlight. But it's no different then any other device so it's not really a bad point.

The external monitor is interesting. The Shield does make it easy to use. You really just need to have an HDMI to HDMI mini adapter. I think I picked mine up for about $10.

prendy35 likes this.
  4. prendy35

really awesome! Thanks! I like it