Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Number of cells in the 5200 PH2 battery pack

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by jonnied, Feb 10, 2016.

1. jonnied

How many individual cells are in this battery pack? I want to figure out what the average IR is for each cell. The pack total IR reading is 52.9mohms. 3 cells or 6 cells
    Thanks

2. N017RW

It's a 3S2P for a total of 6 meaning there are three [parallel] pairs in series.

3. jonnied

N017RW,
    Thanks, kind of what I thought. Just wanted to verify.
    My interest is in keeping track of the pack IR for sudden changes. Pack reading of 52.9m.ohms (all 4 of my packs are about the same +/- 4 or 5m.ohms). So I figure the average cell IR is 8.82m.ohms. I think this is a good way to track battery condition.
    I use the Wayne Giles ESR meter to check the pack. Just wish there was a way to get the IR reading on each cell like I can on my RC batteries. I track all of my other RC batteries IR readings and can tell when one is getting questionable.
    The IR is something I have not seen discussed anywhere on this forum and would be interested in finding out what IR readings are when others have a weak or bad battery.

4. N017RW

It has been discussed but it is difficult to measure due the the nature of the test (w/o a specialized tester) and the 'overhead' of all the intelligent circuitry getting in the way.