Number of cells in the 5200 PH2 battery pack

Reaction score
How many individual cells are in this battery pack? I want to figure out what the average IR is for each cell. The pack total IR reading is 52.9mohms. 3 cells or 6 cells
Thanks

It's a 3S2P for a total of 6 meaning there are three [parallel] pairs in series.

N017RW,
Thanks, kind of what I thought. Just wanted to verify.
My interest is in keeping track of the pack IR for sudden changes. Pack reading of 52.9m.ohms (all 4 of my packs are about the same +/- 4 or 5m.ohms). So I figure the average cell IR is 8.82m.ohms. I think this is a good way to track battery condition.
I use the Wayne Giles ESR meter to check the pack. Just wish there was a way to get the IR reading on each cell like I can on my RC batteries. I track all of my other RC batteries IR readings and can tell when one is getting questionable.
The IR is something I have not seen discussed anywhere on this forum and would be interested in finding out what IR readings are when others have a weak or bad battery.

It has been discussed but it is difficult to measure due the the nature of the test (w/o a specialized tester) and the 'overhead' of all the intelligent circuitry getting in the way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl