null

For starters, how will your Phantom return home if needed?

In a high rise like that, I would expect a LOT of metal! That's going to mess with your compass. You may get a compass error when you first turn on the bird that should/might clear when you are away from the building or it may prevent you from turning on the motors. DO NOT recalibrate the compass there. It will definitely go bad when you fly away from the building. And landing/ recovery is going to be tricky. RTH will try to go up and come down the side of the building - not good on the props or the bird. IMHO a bad idea waiting to get worst!

From a window? The 30th floor? It all sounds like a bad idea. The 30th floor would be over 300ft so if it crashes it's going to pick up speed on the way down. Better pray it doesn't hit someone or a vehicle. Just my opinion.

Reactions: pomonabill220
Metal in the building may cause phantom to drift upon taking off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following are the expected problems:

1. Compass error
2. GPS locking
3. Extremely high wind draft
4. Home set point for RTH

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: pomonabill220
Why would you want to do something that would clearly put the safety of people, property, your aircraft and the reputation of the drone pilot community at risk? Where's the payback? Getting your picture taken during the "perp walk"?

Reactions: Falcon900
Hi everyone, I'm planning to take-off my P3A from a window in 30th floor of a building, in the situation of low speed wind and GPS is on, is there any problem or anything that I need to consider before taking off?

Thanks
I wonder how the VPS system will react when you go through an open wind or off a 30th floor deck?
I usually fly from my 2nd floor covered deck, but I always keep my VPS turned off so nothing crazy will happen when it's leaving or coming back. I also reset my home point over clear ground after takeoff. Just flip your camera to -90 degrees to see what's below. LOS can be deceiving.
And +1 to all the warnings from alokbhargava.
Should be exciting.

Reactions: Caballete007
Young man go to your room and think about what u almost did!

Just playin, although sounds really sketchy to me

Daring that's for sure. I didn't think it was terribly problematic until you were directly over the people at the needle. I would not have done that.

I'm thinking if you are going to do that make certain you have your return to home height set higher than.... also set your home point over an open pre scouted spot on the ground.

Why the window launch though? Could have flown that from the ground.. you girl is priceless behind you...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm not sure why everybody seems to think I flew that flight or I made the video (wish I did, although I think I spell better than he does). It's just a cool video from youtube. It's actually the one that really got me interested in Phantoms back in the summer of 2015.

Hi everyone, I'm planning to take-off my P3A from a window in 30th floor of a building, in the situation of low speed wind and GPS is on, is there any problem or anything that I need to consider before taking off?

Thanks
Consider that it is probably a one way flight and you are going to crash your bird and destroy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20