NukRC battery - anyone get one yet?

Reaction score
Aside from whether they are good or not, has anyone actually received one of these batteries they ordered?

I"m beginning to think they are vaporware. A Google search doesn't show any person to have actually tried one. I guess it's possible they are still in transit, but I ordered one on June 4th and still haven't received it. The tracking number doesn't work either. Luckily I funded the Paypal purchase with Amex, so I am covered there.

I just want to report I finally got my NukeRC clone battery. NukeRC responded quickly to my queries about the status of the order, so I have to give them credit for that. They apparently had trouble with the shipper early on and are supposed to be using a faster, more reliable service now.

Anyway, the battery is an exact clone of the DJI battery and seems to work fine. I only tested in my backyard, and will test at the lake I fly at this weekend. I opened up the battery to coat with CorrosionX, and it was easy to separate the case. They didn't seem to use adhesive putting the case together, but it is held together securely by clips. The DJI batteries are held together with clips, plus adhesive, so opening the genuine DJI battery is a bit of a PITA. So time will tell. I'm wondering if NukeRC will drop prices, considering DJI lowered theirs by $30.00.

In the Assistant, how does the NukeRC battery show up? Do the cell specs appear similar to the original DJI battery? Does it accurately report the number of cycles?

The specs looked right on. As far as the cycles, the jury is out on that, since I only had one full flight, and some bench testing. I'll be flying over water this weekend, and if it fails in flight it will make a watery landing. That would dunking #4! I have most electronics treated with CorrosionX, and my batteries also. Hopefully they will continue to survive the mishaps.

Hopefully we'll be hearing from other NukeRC clone users, to get their take on them. I don't know if I would re-order, considering the price drop of the DJI batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20