Nuker clone battery

Reaction score
Just received the Nuker clone P2 battery. It took a little over a month to get here, but it got here.

First impression; awesome visual duplication. The only observable differences are the font size in the printing and no I.D. label on the back edge. However, yes, there is a "but"; it fits tight in the body shell, but not quite as tight as the original. I sanded the small thin grooves at the very back of the battery, (as per my previous post), and solved the "tight" problem, as I did with the stock battery. When removing the battery for the first time, (before sanding), the top came off quite easily, very easily; but went back on easily. Having been in the plastics industry for 10 years, I deduce that the plastic used is a lower density, thus, more flexible than the DJI version; easy to rectify by Nuker. The two halves could be separated fairly easily, but there was no sense in pushing it. The battery sticks out from the body approximately 1/16 to 3/32 of an inch which is a cosmetic issue, not functional. The start up sequence is no different than the stock battery AND it is recognized in the Assistant software program; even has a serial number.

I emailed Nuker with this info and they were very prompt in their reply, acknowledging the issue and are in the process of rectifying the problems. They said that small amounts of super glue, in the appropriate spots, would be acceptable to secure the top to the body.

I have yet to run a cycle to record any flight time differences and will post when I do; unless someone provides that info before I sort out my P2V restoration issues.

I realize the nature of trying to get a product to market and I am confident Nuker is going to make sure their investment in this project succeeds at all levels.

Cheers,

Jim

When I dissected my DOA DJI battery I noticed they also used 4 dots of glue inside the top in addishion to the tabs to keep the top on. and it will wiggle a bit if put back together with out the glue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20