Nuke RC Batteries - Review

bells0 said:
Tempted to get 1 to try, if they ever come back into stock! Wonder if they've had second thoughts after the problems getting the first batches out??
Have seen some at ebay, but not for 76 bucks.

I've been reading this thread, and then checked out "NukeRC.com" All I can say, Is if the Chinese feds have not kicked in their door, they will soon. Selling counterfeit items is against the law, end of story. (international law as well) Then the fact they are selling this openly, just crazy. Most "bootleggers" (thats what they are) don't try and draw attention to themselves. These guys motto is "Officially Sticking It To The Man". Pretty funny, as The man is gonna stick it to them, for sure. So some think its a savings to buy these but it's not. Counterfeit items are a big problem to commerce, Is it ok to counterfeit baby formula? or Tylenol ? Why not right you can save some money.. Really these guys at Nuke are pretty stupid openly selling Illegal counterfeits.

AerialCinemaGuy said:
I've been reading this thread, and then checked out "NukeRC.com" All I can say, Is if the Chinese feds have not kicked in their door, they will soon. Selling counterfeit items is against the law, end of story. (international law as well) Then the fact they are selling this openly, just crazy. Most "bootleggers" (thats what they are) don't try and draw attention to themselves. These guys motto is "Officially Sticking It To The Man". Pretty funny, as The man is gonna stick it to them, for sure. So some think its a savings to buy these but it's not. Counterfeit items are a big problem to commerce, Is it ok to counterfeit baby formula? or Tylenol ? Why not right you can save some money.. Really these guys at Nuke are pretty stupid openly selling Illegal counterfeits.

They are not counterfeiting anything. Its pretty clear that its a third-party battery. They never claimed it was a DJI. Its like saying a 3rd-party ink cartridge for my HP printer is a counterfeit... as long as it doesn't claim to be genuine HP, its legal.

BTW, to all concerned: I have flown my 2 Nuke batteries in around 20 flights without any problems. They are great. I even get 1-2 minutes of extra time. :mrgreen:

Wrong again AerialCinemaGuy.
I really got a kick out of your statement "if the Chinese feds have not kicked in their door, they will soon", that is what the Chinese do; copy everything and reproduce it at a much lower quality.

T

tom3holer said:
that is what the Chinese do; copy everything and reproduce it at a much lower quality.

T
Well where´s the "original" DJI batteries made? :lol:
I wouldn´t be supriced if the Nuke battery and the DJI battery are EXACTLY the same battery (besides the text written on them).

ExtraKim said:
tom3holer said:
that is what the Chinese do; copy everything and reproduce it at a much lower quality.

T
Well where´s the "original" DJI batteries made? :lol:
I wouldn´t be supriced if the Nuke battery and the DJI battery are EXACTLY the same battery (besides the text written on them).

Not exactly. I have found a difference. The LEDs in the Nuke are brighter than those in the DJI battery... and brighter is better because you can see it easily when you are far away. :D

These types of deals are not dealt with strictly at all by the Chinese govt. in fact they are never found guilty if there is any notable change in the product from the OEM's version. 5400 MAH vs 5200 MAH is a significant difference since we are talking about batteries. There was a case I heard of on the radio just this week where they knocked off the exact appearance of some high end car and the courts let them off on some detail that was not even noticeable as I understood. If there is a reason to buy the DJI's instead it is because they are the makers of the expensive toys we enjoy and they put all the R&D into constantly making them better and for that I will buy DJI for a few $$ and 200 mah. With that said if DJI falls significantly out of competitiveness, that would give me reason to stray.

Understood that the batteries are the same shape and have same connectors and will fit in all the birds. My concern is that with the latest generation P2v+ there may be some hidden firmware update that will reject the clone batteries. That and the RC Nukes site only says the batteries are compatible with P2 and P2V.

benski said:
Understood that the batteries are the same shape and have same connectors and will fit in all the birds. My concern is that with the latest generation P2v+ there may be some hidden firmware update that will reject the clone batteries. That and the RC Nukes site only says the batteries are compatible with P2 and P2V.
No they will work on last 3.06 firmware.

Sorry to be a kill-joy but I got a Nuke RC battery a few weeks ago and charged it and did one test flight and it seemed great. I charged it and put it back in the my case and when I pulled it out Saturday to use it, it wasn't working. When you push the test button, one green LED would flash and the red LED in the test button would stay lit. It will not accept a charge now so it is useless. Thank goodness I had just bought another DJI battery too. (this is not a shameless plug for DJI batteries) I have one of those with only 30 flights that is swollen that I no longer fly.

badbrad97 said:
Sorry to be a kill-joy but I got a Nuke RC battery a few weeks ago and charged it and did one test flight and it seemed great. I charged it and put it back in the my case and when I pulled it out Saturday to use it, it wasn't working. When you push the test button, one green LED would flash and the red LED in the test button would stay lit. It will not accept a charge now so it is useless. Thank goodness I had just bought another DJI battery too. (this is not a shameless plug for DJI batteries) I have one of those with only 30 flights that is swollen that I no longer fly.

Did you try the "power up sequence" while it is plugged into the charger?

Reactions: GoBob
imprimatur said:
badbrad97 said:

Did you try the "power up sequence" while it is plugged into the charger?

Yes. Several times. It just blinks the first green LED like it is out of power.

I would also like to add that I contacted NukeRC several times with no response and tried to get a refund from Paypal but since it took 2 months to get the battery, it was already too late. I am out $80 but learned a valuable lesson about buying things directly from China. :) I just ordered 3 DJI batteries from Amazon and had them in 2 days.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik