Nuke RC Batteries - Review

Reaction score
Hello guys, I bought on July 14 two batteries from Nuke RC (plus a 3 battery charging board). I got them today. My Phantom 2 has the latest upgrades and carries the 3D Gimbal plus the Lightbridge accesory.

So far so good. On the outside they look exactly the same as an original battery from DJI. Same material, same colors, etc. The only dfifference is that Nuke's battery is 5400mAh (59.94Wh) as opposed to DJI's 5200mAh (57.72Wh). In that respect, Nuke's battery is slightly improved.

Weight: Original: 363g / Nuke's: 367g

I have tried both batteries and have flown over 50m high without any problems whatsoever. Both were fully charged and I drained them down to around 20%. I notice 1-2 minutes extra flight time (the 200mAh are probably helping, but perhaps the chemistry is better than DJI's - I don't know)

Here are some comparison pictures. The original is to the left.

for some reason the software shows 5200mAh (maybe its not a real measurement but merely a static number...) - also, my serial number is in the 600s (perhaps they have sold that number of batteries...)
Original / Nuke
Original / Nuke

I will keep doing tests and let you know how it goes.

:ugeek:

Attachments

• IMG_20140825_185043.jpg
    IMG_20140825_185043.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 1,280
  • IMG_20140825_185310.jpg
    IMG_20140825_185310.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 1,400
  • IMG_20140825_185235.jpg
    IMG_20140825_185235.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 1,398
  • IMG_20140825_185300.jpg
    IMG_20140825_185300.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 1,265
  • IMG_20140825_185251.jpg
    IMG_20140825_185251.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 1,417
Oh sorry... I just realized I messed up and posted it in the Phantom 1 forum. Perhaps an admin can help me out and move this to the Phantom 2 Non-Vision forum. Thanks.

How much did you pay for them and do you have a link to where you bought them? From what I've read on this forum, I'm very hesitant to use anything but original DJI batteries. We have a LOT invested in our P2's to risk it all in an effort to try to save a few bucks on batteries. However... I'm going to keep an open mind and keep my eye on this thread.

Happy to read you got lucky and received good ones.
More info on mine in the Phantom 2 Battery Clone thread. Mine was junk, almost.

DesertFlyer53 said:
How much did you pay for them and do you have a link to where you bought them? From what I've read on this forum, I'm very hesitant to use anything but original DJI batteries. We have a LOT invested in our P2's to risk it all in an effort to try to save a few bucks on batteries. However... I'm going to keep an open mind and keep my eye on this thread.

There were some crap batteries around, but apparently Nuke got it right. Keep in mind that even DJI batteries are known to fail sometimes. Anyways, go here: http://nukerc.com/

imprimatur said:
There were some crap batteries around, but apparently Nuke got it right. Keep in mind that even DJI batteries are known to fail sometimes. Anyways, go here: http://nukerc.com/
No they did not. My junk one IS a Nuke batt.

Happyflyer said:
imprimatur said:

Hi ive notice you are not a happyflyer anymore ;) , could you tell us what was wrong with your battery, i also got mine from nuke and seems to work fine

Sana

Sanababit said:
Happyflyer said:
imprimatur said:

Hi ive notice you are not a happyflyer anymore ;) , could you tell us what was wrong with your battery, i also got mine from nuke and seems to work fine

Sana
It is posted in the "Phantom 2 Battery Clone" thread, page 20.

Update: several more flights later... everything seems perfect. I have gained altitude, speed, etc and everything looks normal.

Will keep you updated. :D

Maybe Nuke is the reason official DJI batteries are selling for $30 cheaper in most locations I've seen lately. $79 vs $159 is a big enough difference to give one a try. I purchase 2 of the DJI batteries shortly after I purchased my P2.

Thanks.
Did you also buy the 3P Battery Adapter Charging Board for DJI Phantom 2?
Or somebody else did?
Any thoughts about this adapter?

Yes I did. It works fine. Have to test it more. I think it just divides the 4amps into the 3 batteries, so each battery charges at 1.33AMPs (which is better, the less AMPS, the more life to the battery). Its very useful if you want to leave them overnight and don't want to keep waking up to change them. The board also allows you to connect another charger as long as its the same voltage.

I too have bought recently a battery from Nuke RC

So far, so good, having flown a couple of times. Looks sturdy and overall indistinguishable from the original. Charges up well and works as well as the original.

I have the PCB for multiple charging too, just havent got round to it yet...

Hi, I am also using two Nukerc batteries and so far they are working fine around about 6 cycles on each battery. The only thing i noticed was the end caps are not glued on and if they are tight in machine the little clips holding them on can let them come loose. I just unclipped the end caps and placed a dob of glue in each corner and pushed the cap back on. cheers

Just as a bit of a warning, I work for a logistics company - we own lots of yellow vans, planes, trucks and sheds...

As part of my job, I have to contact companies who want to ship dangerous goods, including LiPo batteries.

I could not find any information to suggest that the NUKE batteries meet the CE standard or have been tested to ensure they are compliant with the regulations. I emailed the company but have not received a reply, and that was well over a week ago.

We are concerned that the casing of the battery may not meet the flame test - which means it must not catch alight if exposed to a naked flame, only melt, and that the battery itself is safely encapsulated. As you can imagine, a big lipo in a flammable casing would be a bad thing to have in the back of a van or aircraft...

This is NOT to say the batteries are dangerous, only that there is no proof that they are safe as yet.

If / when NUKE responds I will let you know.

All i can say that my battery works great, no problems on loosing power or battery puffing up, the battery looks exactly like the original, tha plastic looks the same too, not trying to defend them, they did take a long time to ship and longer to get to me, but for what is worth i am really happy with the purchase

Sana

Geert said:
imprimatur said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

Lately there are many posts about faulty batteries, original batteries from DJI. I had 2 bad batteries from DJI and a third one is going to follow. My third battery start to get swollen too and that is a bad sign.
They exchanged my faulty batteries for new ones.
Keep us informed about these Nuke batteries. ;)

Geert./.

Hi Geert. Is the swollen very noticeably? The one that came with my phantom2 V has a slight swollen only in one of the windows but I thought it was normal.

Tempted to get 1 to try, if they ever come back into stock! Wonder if they've had second thoughts after the problems getting the first batches out??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.