Nubie questions- I have searched but still ?'s

Reaction score
Thank you guys for allowing me to participate in this forum. I have read and read some more. I have a dji phantom 3 professional. Have 6 flights under my belt. Was taking some pictures of sunrise by a bridge. Thought it would be cool to fly under the bridge (no safety concerns with boats) but thought that might result in some trouble with loss connection and I don't have enough experience to be doing this.

Also, purchased autopilot by mistake when looking for liche. However, it looks incredible. I could use that to fly the length of bridge and maybe fly under it.

Attachments

• IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 506
Reactions: loonie01
Flying under the bridge could cause a loss of GPS, although you'd probably have to be close under the road to block enough satellites to cause a GPS error. Flying close to large metal objects could also cause compass errors. Either of these problems could cause the control to switch to Atti, where you may need to take control of the AC. Always best to practice flying ATTI on your phantom or practice on something like the SYMA X8 so you are ready to take over as needed. Sounds risky to fly Litchi if going close to the bridge for the above listed possible problems.

Very nice photo!

Last edited:
After you can fly confidently in ATTI mode give it whirl. My recommendation would be to switch to ATTI mode first then do it. At least you will have an idea of the amount of drift prior to attempting the fly under. Piece of cake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get some practice before trying to fly under it. I,have seen such maneuvers go badly. You won't get a second chance. That said, I'd do it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks for everyone's response. I haven't practice in alti mode but probably something that I need to do anyone to be proficient.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1