NSW, Australia - recommended drone reTREEval expert!

Reaction score
Had some sad moments today when an RTH was required after signal was lost and the headland and the soaring gum trees conspired to be way higher than the 30m height that it was set at for RTH.

However, it all ended super well because of some good searching, some deduction of location from the static image that was being transmitted once signal was re-established and then use of the map and the remote to track it to the particular tree. About 30 minutes of hunting within a 20m range of the base of the identified tree as the battery strength waned proved fruitful in the end. Now what to do?

I called a local tree surgeon who put me onto one of the most go-getter 20 year olds you're ever likely to meet. He hiked from the carpark, along the seaside path, up into the bush, to check the tree and consider the gear he needed. Returned to his ute (that's a pickup for those from the Northern hemisphere) and gathered his ropes and climbing gear. And away he went up that Swamp Mahogany eucalypt giant without a branch to be seen for the first 16m. Lots of repositions and re-roping later and he swung across and plucked my Phantom 4 from it's leafy resting place. Connected it up to a carabiner and lowered it to the ground. Bingo!

If you EVER have a drone in a tree in NSW, Australia then you should contact Axel Scott at [email protected] or on 0412 469 586. This bloke is a genius. The decisions he made as he climbed the tree were apparent as I watched and he planned his reTREEval. I HIGHLY recommend him.

Reactions: Casper`s P4
Rob in Sydney - He's in the Mollymook area on the South coast but he said he'd be prepared to travel if there was a dollar in it for him. File him away if the need should ever arise!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav