Now missing .dat files after firmware update

Reaction score
Today I had several flights and hooked up my P3P to my PC to get the .dat files...Ummmm...None to be fond exept the ones on the 16th? On the 17th I did a firmware update to current. Where are my .dat files. Like I mentioned, the ones from the 16th ar in there but nothing else. I have had several flights since then.

On another note, Litchi is updating however it does online. I just wat the .dat files jsut in case DJI needs them for somethign someday ;)

SOmething odd as well, the way I get them is via MACBOOK so I have to go thru some conviluted way to get them but found a link online that shows how to do it. Short is it used to be under a disk2s1 directory..now it's not there its disk1s1. Very ODD!

Can someone help please
EDIT: Yes, I connected the USB cable to the correct port on the front of the P3P..not the gimbal

Joe

FYI

Here is the link how to do it on a MAC..used to work until after I did the update..Now..Nope

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .61756/#post-655436

Let me add a monkey wrench to the mix.

On a Windows PC I can see the .dat files. The method used in the link above for MACs...NO CAN DO ANYMORE..Need some Mac guru help I think...LOL Weird it started after the update too

Reactions: Reed L
For the record, the dat files are in place..just the method used above no longer works!

For the record, the dat files are in place..just the method used above no longer works!
what method did you end up using to find them? Please share, i'm sure someone else will need it in the future :) (I also believe only Mac has changed, not Windows?)

A DJI rep on DJI forum gave me the following....Worked like a champ..Kudos DJI

This method will be more clear and detailed. But it is much more convenient to use Windows:
Here are the steps to access the .DAT files stored on the hidden SD card permanently mounted inside the Inspire 1.

1. Power up everything with the Inspire 1 as if you were going to fly (except the props), and launch the DJI GO App.
Enter the camera view.

2. In the MC Settings menu, choose Advanced Settings. You can find the MC Settings on the top left corner of the screen,
directly to the right of the Home icon.

3. Scroll down, and select Enter flight data mode.

4. The DJI GO app will prompt you to connect the drone to a PC or Mac via the USB to mini-USB cable included with your drone package.
Plug the regular USB plug directly into your Mac (not a USB extension port box).
Note: This was done using a 2013 iMac running OSX 10.8.5, there may be some differences with different models and OSX versions.

5. Once you connect the drone to your computer wait to see if by chance it does mount to your desktop.
When it doesn't, open the application Disk Utility.

6. Select the disk DJI DATA LOG. It will show listed in the left column of disks in Disk Utility.
You can select it even though it is not mounted to the desktop.
(Be sure to choose the root disk DJI DATA LOG file and not the DJI FLY LOG file).

7. When the disk DJI DATA LOG is highlighted, select the New Image icon in the top row.
This will present the dialog box shown, asking what to name it, where to save it and what format.
(I've chosen compressed with no encryption).

8. Be prepared to wait a long time. The amount of time depends on how many .DAT files there are.
The entire SD card could be full. The Inspire 1 records a .DAT file every time it is powered on,
regardless of flight or not. It only erases them when space is needed for newer files.
(I wouldn't start with the Inspire 1 battery less than 50% charged).

9. Once the Disk Image is created on your Mac, double-click it, it will un-compress to a new window
(in temporary RAM memory only). Drag the files you want from there to a newly created folder on your computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20