Now I added a Spinning Disco Light to my P3P

Reaction score
I am into making light assemblies to attach to my P3P lately. I have a 100 watt LED but just made a colored light out of a disco light bulb that I butchered and powered with a 9volt battery. I switch it off and on with the same mercury switch I attached to the camera gimbal for the 100 watt LED. I will soon just add a relay to the inside of the P3 that turns on with the front LEDs. Anyway here are the photos. It looks better in person because the street lights were not helping with the photos. In a dark place it is a really goo effect. Even at 300' up it twinkles with red, green blue lights which looks pretty cool. The disco effect is good on the ground even at about 40' up or so. It diminishes after that. In a dark area it would go further of course.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks like it is grounded to the camera housing?

Not grounded, but connected to a mercury switch that is temporarily glued to the camera at an angle. When I hit C1 and point my camera down the mercury switch turns on the light. Then when I hit C1 again and point the camera forward it turns off. I plan to just put a tiny relay off the front LED's and get rid of the ghetto looking mercury switch.

JonEQuest, that is what I call creativity, looks really cool
Thanks for the compliment. I look here and other websites for info and ideas, so I feel I should share what I have done to inspire others to build their own gadgets or improve mine. I got the idea for the 100 watt LED light (another light I made) from another person who already added something similar to a drone.

Glad to read that this didn't confuse the downward sensors!

I am real close to them. It may interfere but they are not needed, just a nice added feature. I know my 100watt LED blocks them.

Super cool, seriously if i see this hovering over my head ill swear its a UFO !

Really creative and definetly looks like an alien spaceship specialy the pic in green !

Not grounded, but connected to a mercury switch that is temporarily glued to the camera at an angle. When I hit C1 and point my camera down the mercury switch turns on the light. Then when I hit C1 again and point the camera forward it turns off. I plan to just put a tiny relay off the front LED's and get rid of the ghetto looking mercury switch.

Good luck with that and keep on having fun!

Love the setup!
What about one of those Christmas laser light show lights? HomeDepot had them for like $20 the other weekend. Wish I would have grabbed one now. Would look cool :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the more powerful version of that as a stage laser for my home parties. Those from Home Depot are decent at best for shining on a house but from a drone you won't see much of an effect. I have several lasers including a large 4 tunnel one. Lasers just need to hit something to have any effect. In a nightclub they use haze or smoke. On a foggy night it would look cool though.

haha that's pretty funny

Also you can disable VPS in the advanced settings under the drone options/menu. This may be good for flying with cargo to prevent any onscreen errors or messing with the system overall.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic