Now even Walmart is in the Phantom business!

Reaction score
Searched around but couldn't find this mentioned elsewhere.

I was just shocked an hour ago to see that my local Walmart is now selling Phantom 3's. Price was $499. But Walmart?

Yes, sir. DJI has been gunning for the big brick & mortar stores lately.

How deep they going to get, have you heard? Just birds, or parts and goodies?

I saw no parts or other goodies. Only the box (and it was empty, of course, with a note to "see an associate").

How deep they going to get, have you heard? Just birds, or parts and goodies?
They don't make as much profit from parts and goodies. When I applied to be a DJI dealer, they were only concerned with the number of Phantoms I could sell each month. They had no interest in allowing me to just sell parts and accessories.

Hope to get good prices from Walmart :)

No,,, it was a P4 v2 hahaha
Wait for the sale.. ;-)

RedHotPoker

So I will assume it was a P3S that was $499

Yup, as I mentioned. There was actually some kid in the department who sounded like he had some knowledge of the Phantom as well. That too, was a surprise!

I would not buy from Walmart. It's so easy to purchase, crash, box up and take back. They most of the time put it back on the shelf. This means the next poor Joe purchases a broken Phantom and has to go thru the same process mentioned above minus the crash.

I would not buy from Walmart. It's so easy to purchase, crash, box up and take back. They most of the time put it back on the shelf. This means the next poor Joe purchases a broken Phantom and has to go thru the same process mentioned above minus the crash.
Great tip! Worry free, free rentals of P3S's at Walmart! Learn to fly at Walmart's expense! :p

Paranoia? You can buy only a sealed box unit, and not have to take seconds. Pretty easy to aways check the contents of electronics before actually paying and leaving the premises with your awesome NEW purchase too.;-)
Now, If you're Bright enough to fly an intermediate priced drone, be Wise enough to check the packaged contents, before the big surprise hits you atop the noggin, much like a falling piano...
In the key of Oh-Gee!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Not true - most of the items on Walmart shelves are owned by the manufacturer until time of purchase. Walmart is not in the business of repackaging. A manufacturer may repackage and send back as new to Walmart.

I was going to add, I've never had any problem returning stuff to Walmart, from Playstation to lamps to TV, etc. That being said, I took stuff back that was bad and got a replacement - no questions asked. I wasn't asking for my money back. I gotta say, this is better than DJI offers (from what I read here anyway).

Again, my big shock was to see the Phantoms in such a 'low end' store.

I was going to add, I've never had any problem returning stuff to Walmart, from Playstation to lamps to TV, etc. That being said, I took stuff back that was bad and got a replacement - no questions asked. I wasn't asking for my money back. I gotta say, this is better than DJI offers (from what I read here anyway).

Again, my big shock was to see the Phantoms in such a 'low end' store.
CostCo will be next! :cool:

BJs beat 'em to it.

CostCo will be next! :cool:
Funny you should mention that... I just read this.. ;-)

Drones for Sale at Costco

I’m a huge fan of Costco for a number of reasons. But, unfortunately, it’s hard to find drones on the Costco site. After searching around for a while, I found some remote-controlled helicopters under the “toys” category but no drones. Some further Google searching led me to find a promotional video of the Parrot AR drone 2.0 on Costco’s site (which is one of the most popular drones on the market), but you can’t actually buy the Parrot. Eventually I was forced to conclude that I just wasn’t going to find any drones there.

Costco does have different websites for different countries so you may be able to find more options for drones on other countries’ sites. If you go to the Canadian Costco website for example, you will find a Swann Maxi Quad Remote Control Starship for sale. It’s a simple quadcopter that gets in about 7 minutes of flight time and it’s only about $55. But even with these sites, your drone shopping is going to be limited.

This is partly because Costco depends mostly on its store locations. Since products vary from store to store, there’s a good chance that something available in one store is not stocked in another. Basically, one of the best ways to find out if Costco is selling a drone that you might want is to browse around in your local Costco. Or, you can contact them and ask about any drones they are currently selling or will be selling in the future.

The bad thing about not being able to search for drones for sale online is that you can’t compare one drone against another. You can’t do research about which one would be the best fit for you. Even if you do find a drone for sale in one of their warehouses, you probably won’t have much of a selection. You may find a great drone for a great price and if you’re feeling impulsive—go for it! Otherwise, you might want to search somewhere else for a drone.

But don’t let me dissuade you from buying a drone from Costco. If you do find a drone you like at Costco, you should feel good about getting it. Costco’s prices are super low compared to other places, and it’s really one of the best places to get a good deal. Plus, they have great return policies. Although they don’t have a lot of information about drones on their site, most other electronics can be returned within 90 days of your purchase. They also have free technical support for a lot of electronics. Again, this probably doesn’t apply to drones, but, if you do buy one from them, I would definitely ask about their return policy and any technical support available. I’ve always been impressed with Costco’s customer service and I’m not alone. I think they would be very helpful with any drone that you buy.

Overall, Costco really isn’t the best place to find drones for sale. However, I know they do have drones every once in a while. If you find yourself shopping at Costco in the near future, go ahead and see if they have any drones in stock.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic