*** Now Available *** Epson Moverio AR Glasses

Interesting.

I see there is some more of it here: Epson Moverio BT-300 and BT-200 Smart Glasses - Epson America, Inc.

So they have a BT-200 model for $699 (540x920 screen) and the newer, yet to be released BT-300 series (larger at 720x1280) and is estimated at $799. The cellphone looking things on the RC look like a touch-pad or push-button toggle affair and not a tablet or cellphone screen as we're used to on the RC so it must be in the glasses that all this is done?

That small gadget receives the video stream from RC, makes it compatible with BT 300 and transfers to it using another cable. It may have a battery pack too. Most interesting thing is that it's not just a dummy display device, one can use that black box to use as a wired mouse too.

I guess this black device will work on USB stream and will not need HDMI module.

MyBud has a similar setup but it uses HDMI stream.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow...I really want these.
Cant wait until they are released and get some reviews to see if they work well.

Reviewer:

From the comments, might work with glasses under them, or some sort of RX option. Late Dec. or Jan. 2017 release.

How would you go about changing settings on the Go app which you would normally do on your phone/tablet?

Don't know as yet since it hasn't been fully reviewed until maybe January 2017, but I suspect it will be via the controller pad that comes wired to the glasses.

How would you go about changing settings on the Go app which you would normally do on your phone/tablet?

The controller fits in the tablet holder. Works like a touch pad for the eyeglasses (Go App).

EpsonMoverio.jpg

That RC transmitter controller's clamp looks very different. The clamps are moved and narrow both. Buttons on the Epson controller in the way of the normal clamp?

Somethings odd there, unless a new clamp comes with the Epson MT-300.

That RC transmitter controller's clamp looks very different. The clamps are moved and narrow both. Buttons on the Epson controller in the way of the normal clamp?

Somethings odd there, unless a new clamp comes with the Epson MT-300.
What do you mean? It's the P3 Standard controller, lol.

The Epson works with the DJI Go app, no matter the Phantom model. The Epson in the pic above is the MT 200. The MT 300 looks like this:

product_bt-300_490x315.png

9944835.img

What do you mean? It's the P3 Standard controller, lol.

The Epson works with the DJI Go app, no matter the Phantom model. The Epson in the pic above is the MT 200. The MT 300 looks like this:

product_bt-300_490x315.png

9944835.img

Um, look again Rich. The Inspire 1, P4, and P3 have that split lower clamp. The one in the first photo with the glasses above doesn't have that split lower clamp and the wires exit to the left. Actually, it's the P2 controller as the toggles are on the top too now that I researched it a bit, and the gizmo on the front with the knurled knob too off the P2.

More interesting is the second one you show with the P4 shows the Epson controller held vertical in the split clamp of the newer transmitter, but also look at the four white tang clamps holding onto the black Epson control. Those aren't part of the P4 clamp setup and must come as a piece with the glasses - maybe. Looks like it is holding the Epson control vertically up off the split camp so the wire/plug will exit down, much like the issues with the Samsung tablets where the wire exits the middle bottom and the plug won't fit in that slot (Been there!).

Oh well, wait and see what the reviews say once it shows around Xmas or so.

They said end of December, man they were sweet, completely heads up display, you keep your situational awareness, and you're not wearing a shoebox on your face [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good to know! Thanks!

I plan to get them to circumvent that full-face FPV rule thing where you need a spotter if you are covered with the "shoebox" and cannot keep a visual line of sight on the drone. ;)

How do you justify $799 against the Glyph price of $439 today?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4