Now a Phantom 3 Professional owner

Reaction score
A bit like a kids Christmas.... weeks of build up and then the day arrives!!

Picked my P3P up from a shop near Sydney - along with some bits and pieces.
Only cloud was finding the hard shell backpack was not DJI.
IMGP2074.JPG
Motors ? not sure if these are new or the same as previous other P3P
.IMGP2080.JPG

Congratulations! you're going to love it.

Congrats.. Read the manual twice then study it the third time and check out the videos online then you may be ready to take her up. Patients and going slow as you learn. Safety first and doing things right so you get her back each and every time. Enjoy!!

Congrats.. Read the manual twice then study it the third time and check out the videos online then you may be ready to take her up. Patients and going slow as you learn. Safety first and doing things right so you get her back each and every time. Enjoy!!
Thanks Guys for your replies here... and all advice will be heeded.
Just going through the updates.....

Best advice - don't rush things.
Power the Phantom up and make sure you have all the satellites etc first - let the motors idle for a while. When ready for takeoff always just bang it straight up into the air full throttle. Then stop and let it hover at 10 feet for a while.
It is fine to just stop and let the phantom sit in the sky whilst you have a breather.
Oh and transmitter strap is essential.
Don't overtighten props - just hand tight.
Have fun.
Of all the gadgets I have bought this is the most addictive - it is only the **** Welsh weather that stops me - you should be fine gggrrrr!!!

Reactions: RobBarron
Best advice - don't rush things.
Power the Phantom up and make sure you have all the satellites etc first - let the motors idle for a while. When ready for takeoff always just bang it straight up into the air full throttle. Then stop and let it hover at 10 feet for a while.
It is fine to just stop and let the phantom sit in the sky whilst you have a breather.
Oh and transmitter strap is essential.
Don't overtighten props - just hand tight.
Have fun.
Of all the gadgets I have bought this is the most addictive - it is only the **** Welsh weather that stops me - you should be fine gggrrrr!!!

I recall passing through - (phonetically) Lan (or clan)- fire - puth- gwin-gich-go-geric-lander-sillihog -go -go -go! I cannot really spell in Welsh! My late wife was from ( Cilfynidd ( Kill - ven - ith) outside Pontypridd - and it took me one night in a bar to learn it!
However, I am in OZ - 100k north of Sydney and gladly (for flying) rain or heavy low clouds - is not a problem.

My wife is is chuckling away here...."first time I seen you read any manuals".
Its small but its awsome! That's me about the P3P by the way - not the wife.
Its ticking away just now updating and just looking through the manual... I can understand now why I saw posts about having a pre-flight checklist laminated and in the in the carry box.

Thanks for all advice.... a great set of guys here from all over the world...

I recall passing through - (phonetically) Lan (or clan)- fire - puth- gwin-gich-go-geric-lander-sillihog -go -go -go! I cannot really spell in Welsh! My late wife was from ( Cilfynidd ( Kill - ven - ith) outside Pontypridd - and it took me one night in a bar to learn it!
However, I am in OZ - 100k north of Sydney and gladly (for flying) rain or heavy low clouds - is not a problem.

My wife is is chuckling away here...."first time I seen you read any manuals".
Its small but its awsome! That's me about the P3P by the way - not the wife.
Its ticking away just now updating and just looking through the manual... I can understand now why I saw posts about having a pre-flight checklist laminated and in the in the carry box.

Thanks for all advice.... a great set of guys here from all over the world...

Lol it is a small World

G'Day!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4