Novice needs FPV help

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 with H4-3D gimbal and Hero-4 Black camera. I have a new Ipad Pro coming soon. I would like to use the IPAD Pro as my FPV monitor. I don't know what components I need. I would like to operate out to at least 1000 yards. Can anyone recommend the components I need.

Don't know how you can use a tablet device with the go pro , someone correct me if im wrong . The go pro uses 5.8 GHz signal thru the Vtx. while the IPad uses lightbridge digital signal.

I have a Phantom 2 with H4-3D gimbal and Hero-4 Black camera. I have a new Ipad Pro coming soon. I would like to use the IPAD Pro as my FPV monitor. I don't know what components I need. I would like to operate out to at least 1000 yards. Can anyone recommend the components I need.

The P2 non vision was not designed to be used with wifi, ipad or iphones as all those use the same frequency 2.4GHz as the phantom 2. what you Need is FPV (first person view) system which consist of the following items: a video transmitter 5.8GHz, mini iOSD and a plug n play acble to connect those items. Next you'll need a monitor/receiver and bracket to mount it to you RC controller. You're looking at around $350 for that equipment.

The P2 non vision was not designed to be used with wifi, ipad or iphones as all those use the same frequency 2.4GHz as the phantom 2. what you Need is FPV (first person view) system which consist of the following items: a video transmitter 5.8GHz, mini iOSD and a plug n play acble to connect those items. Next you'll need a monitor/receiver and bracket to mount it to you RC controller. You're looking at around $350 for that equipment.
And also remember to switch your GoPro wifi off as wifi, and Bluetooth for that matter both use 2.4ghz and will swamp your control signal

The phantom 3 uses 2.4ghz RC and 2.4ghz FPV only because it uses a mimo antenna system to separate the signals.

As you already have invested in your set up I recommend some quality 5.8 skew planner antennas and an immersionRC transmitter hooked up to a Black Pearl FPV monitor. As already suggested the addition of an mini iOSD would also give you vital flight statistics and feedback overlaid on the FPV screen

And also remember to switch your GoPro wifi off as wifi, and Bluetooth for that matter both use 2.4ghz and will swamp your control signal

The phantom 3 uses 2.4ghz RC and 2.4ghz FPV only because it uses a mimo antenna system to separate the signals.

As you already have invested in your set up I recommend some quality 5.8 skew planner antennas and an immersionRC transmitter hooked up to a Black Pearl FPV monitor. As already suggested the addition of an mini iOSD would also give you vital flight statistics and feedback overlaid on the FPV screen

You should be quoting the OP instead of me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie