Notify FAA??

I'm lucky, and my neighbors are all pretty cool. they'll come out and watch, and not give me too much grief. I have a nice little greenbelt with a creek, close by that keeps me from flying over houses.

Reactions: Rambo1
I'm lucky, and my neighbors are all pretty cool. they'll come out and watch, and not give me too much grief. I have a nice little greenbelt with a creek, close by that keeps me from flying over houses.
Well everyone was cool here too until this guy showed up from somewhere down the street. You can always count on that one jerk in any crowd that is going to spoil it for everyone. In fact its funny that my wife and I were discussing that just before I went out to fly. Maybe the devil heard me and sent him my way!

Reactions: Michael Frye
I live and fly inside the five mile ring of an airport. I call the tower EVERY time and give my name and registration number. The thank me each time and remind me to be safe. I've had one person say something about being so close to the airport and I gave them the number to the tower and the controllers name of they had any questions. So far, no issues. I stay under 200 ft anyway.

Well I had a visit today from the FAA. It was a guy named Rick and a lady who I cant remember her name came over and they were actually very nice people. They were following up on the complaint from the fat guy from down my street. Seems he lied and said that I was doing dives over the main road near where I live. I assured them that was a lie and took them outside and showed them where the normal commercial flight pattern is (about 1 mile away south) and where I usuall fly which is a straight line to the Best Buy parking lot and back. And had I tried to dive like the guy said it would have put me behind a building and into return home mode. They saw it and agreed. While they were over I showed them the apps I use and even my phantom 3 with the lights. When they saw the lights they both said wow. And I said "do you think this will not be seen in the night sky?" They agreed. She did ask me how do you know if your not going to hit something? I showed them the Go App and the camera view and told her I always fly where I am familiar with the area. In my case the only obstruction I could encounter would be power lines at the end of my street. All in all it was a very friendly vist and they did NOT confiscate my phantom. I also showed her my flight logs as I wanted her to see I had never flown over 400ft. She said I can see you are a safe person and really know what you are doing and really into this. The visit was over and I walked them out. But before they left I asked her if flying in a residential area was illegal and she told me no it was not. But to use common sense and be safe when you fly mainly near any other people. The FAA recommends following the rules that are set forth by the AMA but at this point laws have not been made yet concerning small details as this is still new. So now that I had my little visit from the FAA. Im grabbing a snack and off to the park I go to do some flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31