Noticed Some Erratic Behavior

Reaction score
I have a P4 and was preparing for a late evening flight. I went through all of the prechecks, and the unit had completed the warm up function on the ground. At this point I had at least 12 geoposition sats per the display, and proceeded to start the motors. After the motors started the craft made several small liftoffs and landings. Distance from the ground was less than a foot. I immediately pulled the "throttle / altitude" stick into the landing position and it followed the command and motors cut off as expected. On the display I saw the altitude fluxuating about 1 foot positive and negative. I reset the system, and everything was back to normal. I continued the rest of the flight without incident. Looking at the logs, that altitude variation was evident as well.

Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior?

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Altitude reporting in GO is not accurate, ime. Dunno what the issue is either.

I'm thinking about laying out a long course in Autopilot and fly it flat and slow and see what becomes if it visually as well as in the app log. In GO, when it shows 20' at the end of a long 25 minute flight the bird is way up there. When I land it is 50 feet underground in GO (i.e. Screen shows -50 feet.). Starts out okay, but then it goes batty. Flight Review also shows it, but even the screen numbers in GO and those in Flight Review differ by a few feet too. Weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers