Nothing will connect

Reaction score
My s7 wont connect to the remote, and I cant find where to turn on the unknown to sideload DJI Go. My Samsung Tab A keeps bringing up the error message that it cant connect to the remote. I cant update the firmware on the remote from Assistant 2. I was able to update the firmware on the Phantom 4. Are you supposed to beable to fly the drone without the tablet? Cause it wont do that either, out of the box or after the update. Ive looked around online all day and nothing seems to work...

I had an issue with the USB cable. On my S6 Edge, the mini-USB seemed to short the phone out and it would turn off and then reboot itself. Seemed odd, and I think I read on here where DJI said to try another USB cable. I did and that worked. The mini-USB that came with my DJI (The DJI one has a small squarish plug over the longer handle-looking one that come with the Samsung phone.) seemed very, very tight going into the phone so it might be shorting the mini contacts out. On my Samsung 10.1" Tab, it often would lose contact so it might be an issue there, but it never turned off and reset. Try another cable since it seems universal to your devices.

Fwiw, I switched to the Apple iPad Air 2 + Cellular as others recommended and what a huge difference! Video signal doesn't break up at all like the Androids did in both my Samsungs when I used it with them. I was reading about the better transfer of the Apple Lightning cable over USB plus the ability to carry a higher current load on charging than the mini-USB which they spec as 1.8 Amps and the Samsung Quick Chargers are 2.0-2.1 Amps and maybe why the Samsung plug is bigger for a heat sink as it does get warm against the Apple plug when I charge the Samsungs up.

Good luck, but try another cable as a test.

So what about updating the firmware on my remote? I used 3 different cables and the assistant 2 on my pc wont recognize the remote

Now Im trying a different phone, cable, still wont connect. And I fully charged the batteries again now its flashing yellow and red at a medium speed

Now flashing yellow and green....Ive been messing with this all day(literally), downloading, and redownloading and watching videos and reading and noone has had my specific problems yet, but theyve had similar problems, and none of their solutions have worked for me. If anyone even gives me the same solution I will try it again. I feel like I have 100% wasted $1300 at this point....

I just tried something with my DJI remote control transmitter with Windows 10.

1. I opened Windows Device Manager.
2. With the remote control turned off, I plugged it into the remote's small mini-USB jack from the larger USB on the computer. Device Manager was quiet.
3. When I turn the RC on, Windows beeped and Device Manager shows a Ports (COM & LPT), and under it DJI USB Virtual COM (COM9) appeared, as well as a Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM7) which may be there anyway.
4. When I turned the remote off, the DJI USB Virtual Com (COM9) disappeared. The Bluetooth link (COM7) remained.

Least doing that you'll know if the computer is talking to the remote. If not, cable, RC defective, or some driver issue on the computer.

I also right clicked on the DJI USB Virtual COM (COM9) when it was shown and also clicked on Update. It said "Best driver was already installed" after it searched online.

Good luck.

Mack

Like you I had the same issue thought I was going mad and after reading the above comment this lead me to my problem
I tried a 4th usb cable and it worked , even though the tablet was showing as charging when connected to the PC the connection port on the RC must be slightly different and therefore not making contact

Marty

I also had a lot of trouble connecting my devices (Samsung Tab S 10.5" tablet and Samsung S7) until someone pointed out that when Android asks to open 'DJI Go' as "Always" or "Just Once", answer "ALWAYS". If you pick "Just once", connection fails. So now, when I connect my drone, I always do the following:

1. Turn on the drone (takes a while to get the GPS signals)
2. Connect the remote with the tablet using the cable
3. Turn on and unlock the tablet
4. Turn on the remote (which automatically starts 'DJI Go')

Works everytime.

I use both DJI Go and Litchi. I always select just once and never had a problem. I do that because I switch back and forth depending on what I'm doing at that time.

Mark

I also had a lot of trouble connecting my devices (Samsung Tab S 10.5" tablet and Samsung S7) until someone pointed out that when Android asks to open 'DJI Go' as "Always" or "Just Once", answer "ALWAYS". If you pick "Just once", connection fails. So now, when I connect my drone, I always do the following:

1. Turn on the drone (takes a while to get the GPS signals)
2. Connect the remote with the tablet using the cable
3. Turn on and unlock the tablet
4. Turn on the remote (which automatically starts 'DJI Go')

Works everytime.

Thank you! I had never been able to connect to my Samsung Galaxy Tab A, but connecting in the order you describe above does work every time, at least so far. . .

Reactions: Lyverbe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik