Notes on new purchase P3P

Reaction score
I bought a P3P at Best Buy on Black Friday - 1159 + free extra battery.

While no expert in this field, I have a bunch of 6 channel helis (that I don't fly any more because I'm tired of crashing) and I've worked most of my life as a commercial photographer - so rc helis and cameras are familiar.

The interesting parts:

1. Controller takes awhile to charge (hours) - initially it concerned me because the fast flash looked like an error....

2. Flying capabilities are unreal. Stable and simple.

3. Initial camera footage was very poor (gray bars, frame freezes) - spoke to Dji customer service (waited for 30 minutes on hold) - they said to return to Best Buy for exchange - new unit is charging for test flight in morning (Best Buy had no problem exchanging)

4. The two packages (one purchased at Best Buy in Chicago, the other in Tampa) were slightly different - the accessory package in one had a metal wrench, the other has a foam lined wrench to grab the motor body - and the boxing was definitely different (drone and controller appear exactly the same)

(Yes, I did all device and firmware updates - this improved flying capabilities - but had no effect on camera or video - camera was broken...)

I bought a P3P at Best Buy on Black Friday - 1159 + free extra battery.

While no expert in this field, I have a bunch of 6 channel helis (that I don't fly any more because I'm tired of crashing) and I've worked most of my life as a commercial photographer - so rc helis and cameras are familiar.

The interesting parts:

1. Controller takes awhile to charge (hours) - initially it concerned me because the fast flash looked like an error....

2. Flying capabilities are unreal. Stable and simple.

3. Initial camera footage was very poor (gray bars, frame freezes) - spoke to Dji customer service (waited for 30 minutes on hold) - they said to return to Best Buy for exchange - new unit is charging for test flight in morning (Best Buy had no problem exchanging)

4. The two packages (one purchased at Best Buy in Chicago, the other in Tampa) were slightly different - the accessory package in one had a metal wrench, the other has a foam lined wrench to grab the motor body - and the boxing was definitely different (drone and controller appear exactly the same)

(Yes, I did all device and firmware updates - this improved flying capabilities - but had no effect on camera or video - camera was broken...)
Welcome to the Forum-- do a little searching and reading on the forum regarding video and pictures-- you will find mountains of info here on the best camera settings to use as well as anything else you need to know about this incredible flying camera.. :):)

I will agree that this should be incredible, but it isn't for me quite yet....

Here is my latest video - they all look the same (some look worse...) (none look better...)

Please help....

I will agree that this should be incredible, but it isn't for me quite yet....

Here is my latest video - they all look the same (some look worse...) (none look better...)

Please help....
Are you playing that on your ipad or on your computer?

The quality will no be there if you use the stored video from your device. Take the video files off the SD card and put them in your computer to process and/or play them back.

wow, that fixed it.

Thanks. :)

The cached 720 video on your phone is only for the GO app reference. A heap of users mistaken this as the actual footage. I wonder what the instructions are online?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj