Not working Range Extenger RE700 (No charge)

Reaction score
Hello all.
(sorry for my bad english)

I have recently bought Pahntom 2 Vision Plus. On the first day ceased to be charged Range Extender RE700.
Used different USB cables and charging for several hours.
Details:
- insert the USB port in the COMPUTER and connect the micro-USB Extender - "POWER" indicator turns green (Switch in position OFF).
- if press the power button ON the device - "SYSTEM" green indicator light flashes
- There is no Wi-Fi signal when the USB cable is on.
- If to pull port micro USB red indicator lights up for 2-5 seconds and Extender is disabled.

Tell me what I need to do and where to go for help?
Thank you in advance!

PS: This is a duplicate of the letter which I sent to customer support, but no answer was.

I can't quite work out what you are doing from the summary that you have written but one thing I do know is the extender must be charged with the switch in the OFF position otherwise it uses more power than it receives. ;)
Also while it is charging the power indicator will turn orange and when fully charged it will turn green.
So the procedure is:- make sure repeater is turned OFF connect repeater to laptop etc using cable supplied light will turn orange (if not then try another charging source) when it turns green ( usually takes 4 hours) unplug it and its ready to use. :cool:

(sorry for my bad english)

I charge it with the switch in the OFF position.
Indicator immediately turns green. Orange have never been.

send it for warranty claim.

Mine was faulty on first charge after 4-5 hours of charging. it still works tho but the battery did not last long. nonetheless, this was the symptom

1. brand new - all LED was blank. Turn it on, it was green/normal. Since as per instruction, first charge need to be about 4-5 hours if not mistaken.

2. On first charge - everything was off, and charging LED shows orange+green. I use normal USB Samsung charger to charge the extender.

3. at end of 5th hour, the red LED(Right) is lite up even with the switch being off.

4. When turning it on, Left LED shows green indicating that it is working, Right LED shows geen/orange.

5. Turning it off, the RED LED lite up again.

Immediately inform the LHS that i bought the P2V+ about this.

6. Turn it on again and same as per point 4. But on advice by the LHS, I continue to use it for a few days for observation including discharging it till flat, and charge it back.

My observation: the extender battery only lasted like 20+ minutes during use. and it buzz for low battery already on the DJI Apps.

7. Send it for warranty claim after 1 week of use. When putting the extender in the package to be sent to DJI, my extender it still emits solid RED LED even it is in OFF position...Been waiting for it for 3 weeks now for return.

Of the 12 units the dealer brought in, i am the only one has this problem.

just send it for warranty claim.

4wd said:
Your computer will barely supply enough power to charge it.
Much better to use a USB charger putting out at least 1 amp.
It takes a long time (hours) to charge especially the first time.
The light should be yellow while it is charging, it turns green when it is full.
Aqeel200

Thank you. Well...
But I've got the green light comes on immediately.
Maybe the problem is the battery? Where can I buy it?
Or how to test the battery?

try and use a usb charger as suggested. even try to use yr smart phone charger as well. sending for warranty claim is a pain. suggest not to open it cuz its brand new out of the box. there is a lipo or a LiIo in the extender. I am not sure cuz i did not open mine.

Aqeel200 said:
try and use a usb charger as suggested. even try to use yr smart phone charger as well. sending for warranty claim is a pain. suggest not to open it cuz its brand new out of the box. there is a lipo or a LiIo in the extender. I am not sure cuz i did not open mine.
I tried all the options. Now waiting for the answer DJI.
There is a suspicion that broke the controller battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl