Not THAT bad after 1500' death plunge

The way it was explained to me is this, the signal comes out of the bottom of the AC in a cone shape but with a blind spot directly below. The higher up it goes the wider the spread of the blind spot. Around 1K is where the blind spot is too wide and the signal is lost.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Still should not be a problem with RTH.

Reactions: madmandrews
I learned that you can buy the aircraft alone without a charger or remote for pretty cheap. I think it is like $550 on the DJI site. I would just get a new one and keep that one for parts. That is what I did after a similar crash. IF you think about it these drones are pretty durable! After a fall like that I would expect a lot more damage. Usually my battery pops out in a crash.

It looks like you could repair that one but the cost of parts might exceed a replacement aircraft. I have replaced 2 bodies and it was pretty easy, just took a few hours. I haven't torn apart a camera/gimbal yet but it looks fairly straightforward.
My P3A recently crashed from a height of 180 ft or so. When I opened up the shell numerous solder joints were broken..in other words the motherboard was kaput. There's a lot more damage than first impressions give, sometimes.

Reactions: Dounin Front
I would think if it shattered it would still be the nubb left on shaft, but the shaft was bare indicating that it came off.

Yep, nothing left on that shaft and no sign of it at the crash site - still hoping to stumble across it somewhere, but that would take a wild stroke of luck (and I already used up a good chunk of luck by finding the Marco Polo).

I never up date. Dont even know how.
My P3A recently crashed from a height of 180 ft or so. When I opened up the shell numerous solder joints were broken..in other words the motherboard was kaput. There's a lot more damage than first impressions give, sometimes.
I had the same thing happen, at the same height.

Do the screwed on props have a history of coming off in flight? Such that DJI changed the design for the P4.

I'm having a difficult time visualizing how a screwed on prop can unscrew itself. The hub breaking or threads pulling out yes, but unwinding itself ....

Do the screwed on props have a history of coming off in flight? Such that DJI changed the design for the P4.

I'm having a difficult time visualizing how a screwed on prop can unscrew itself. The hub breaking or threads pulling out yes, but unwinding itself ....
To the best of my knowledge, the only way for a prop to unscrew itself is if it is not tightened onto the shaft securely and the craft undergoes aggressive maneuvering where motor braking takes place. In this case, the craft was going straight up - flight record shows no more than 2' of lateral movement.

To the best of my knowledge, the only way for a prop to unscrew itself is if it is not tightened onto the shaft securely and the craft undergoes aggressive maneuvering where motor braking takes place. In this case, the craft was going straight up - flight record shows no more than 2' of lateral movement.
It must have happened from an abrupt stop in altitude rise. lt just seems they don't tighten like OEM. I've read almost identical posts and all were using cfp. And all claimed to have tightened prior to flight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers