Not Sure What Happened

Reaction score
I have been recovering for a hip replacement so today was my second outing flying the P3P since I first received the unit. I had upgraded the software and was not anticipating any issues. I did the preflight checks including compass calibration. I started the engines and all was well. I elevated up to about 3 feet and then tried to hover. Next thing I know the P3P seemed to have a mind of its own and accelerated very fast and climbing quickly. Unable to stabilize I tried to stop the engine while trying to get it over grass . Ended up crashing into some high grass and the battery popped out. Cleaned the props and put the battery back in. Everything looked ok. Calibrated the compass again and this time I had no problems on take off of during the flight but must admit was very scared that I would lose control again.

Anyone have any ideas of what may have caused my problem on take off? Thanks.

Any nearby WiFi interference on the same or an adjoining channel could be the culprit. Flying in residential areas can be tricky. Check for channel interference in the Pilot app, before takeoff, and use Custom instead of Automatic channel selection, to pick one with less interference among the 20 available. Good luck!

Any nearby WiFi interference on the same or an adjoining channel could be the culprit. Flying in residential areas can be tricky. Check for channel interference in the Pilot app, before takeoff, and use Custom instead of Automatic channel selection, to pick one with less interference among the 20 available. Good luck!
I was flying behind a school complex so possibly WiFi in school. Had not had an issue is this location before. Will try your suggestion and see what happens. Thanks.

Two things I can think of that cause a P3 to rise. One is return to home (possible if controller disconnect but less likely if not a little way away horizontally) or vps issues.

I was flying behind a school complex so possibly WiFi in school. Had not had an issue is this location before. Will try your suggestion and see what happens. Thanks.

I have been told by other RC flyers that motion sensors at door entry systems are particularly aggressive at interfering with transmitter control. Try and stay away from them, too!

I had something similar today no crash... But I fly by a school across the street and today could not get any signal nothing.
Came home fired everything up signal. Went to another field down the road no problems.
I d/l an App for Android Wifi Finder it shows the amount of use in the area your in, the other location had 2 signals around, then I went to the first place and 9 were active.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj