Not sure if firmware update worked.

Reaction score
Hi guys, my Aircraft version is still showing ver 1.4.10+ after I thought I installed the update correctly.
I put the SD card in my PC, got the BIN file from the website, transferred it into the SD card (it did not say root directory anywhere btw) so I just dragged and dropped the BIN into the SD card window. I installed the card into the aircraft and turned it on. I got the series of beeps and the solid green light on the aircraft that I was told i would get. I am not sure the update was installed correctly but I do not see the warning light anymore when I open the dji app on my phone. Still, it says ver 1.4.10+ in About. Any thoughts?

What does the generated text file say? Success?

I forgot to look for the generated text. How do I reference that? Do I need to take the SD card out of the aircraft again and look at it in the PC?

Hi guys, thank you I'm good to go. Turns out I downloaded the wrong BIN file. I downloaded the pro instead of Adv. Now I've got the correct BIN in the machine and it has begun the update. It was my dumb mistake. Will this also update the battery at the same time?

Will this also update the battery at the same time?
Only the battery that's installed. If you have more than one battery, then keep the BIN on your memory card until after you start your Phantom with each battery installed.

Only the battery that's installed. If you have more than one battery, then keep the BIN on your memory card until after you start your Phantom with each battery installed.

Right now just one battery. Hmmm I will be getting more batteries in the future. I guess I need to keep the BIN file on the card as it doesn't take up that much space.

Or, you can just download the BIN again later.

Will it be a 25 minute update every time I get a new battery, or since the aircraft will be updated, maybe the batteries won't take that long?

It usually takes no more than a minute or so to install firmware updates on batteries.

Wow, it is still upgrading and the the 3rd LED is blinking. It's going a long time...it must be done. Update: sorry, another newbie thing...I did get the "success" text so I'm good to go.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.