Not Stable in GPS mode with stick center

Reaction score
Is this amount of floating around normal?
Here are the relevant specs:
[*]Yes I've run the calibration
[*]The wind was ~ 11Mph
[*]I had 6 or more satellites,
[*]the sticks were center the whole time, I was holding my iPhone
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HWTrIyUY0U[/youtube]

What's the deal? Is this normal?

as far as i can tell, the phantom is behaving normally. it will never be able to hover exactly in one spot in GPS mode. it is calculating info from GPS and the compass to try and keep itself relatively close to position but a 2-3 feet drift is normal. at least that is what i have observed with mine when it is in GPS mode.

Looks about normal to me as well. - especially in windy conditions. (mine gets blown all over the place at higher altitudes)
see how it behaves in non-windy conditions.

If you had only done Basic Calibration prior, couldn't hurt to do the Advance Calibration just to be sure.

I wish mine was that steady! Sometimes it is, but not forever. It's like a dog that sits in the yard for a long time, then suddenly jumps over the fence and takes off.

Seems a bit worse than mine in calm conditions but in light, gusty winds mine will move around a bit. That seems like a lot but I don't normally do static hovers that close to me so maybe that's normal.

ur phantom is way normal...GPS giving your phantom a thousand signal or more i guess to compensate everything wind is part of it...try flying with atleast 2 mhp u would c the difference..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj