Not so upset about P4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bought my P3 about 2 months before introduction of P4 and was pretty upset about not waiting however after reading gizmodo review not so much. While he gives it an excellent review he also points out its shortcomings like the inability to avoid small tree branches which would account for 90% of obstacles in my case. May be better to wait for next model or two .

Reactions: grottoli
Why would you insist on flying near obstructing trees in the first place? If you know they are there, fly out in the open areas more, or above the tree tops.
Drones aren't squirrels. Haha
But they sure seem to attract the nuts. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Have you climbed a tree to retrieve your favorite drone? Do tell. Hahaha
No, not pointing any fingers at all, just making an observation. ;-)

Read the P4 section, and see the new batch... Hahaha
The manual was published for people to learn, but not sure what they mostly use it for.

RedHotPoker

Why would you insist on flying near obstructing trees in the first place? If you know they are there, fly out in the open areas more, or above the tree tops.
Drones aren't squirrels. Haha
But they sure seem to attract the nuts. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it sure can muffle the sound!

Duct Tape, can fix anything, but condoms... Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Always fly hi above trees but still have to get up and down through canopy
I watch Treehouse Masters, so I empathize... ;-)
For a $1000 drone, I could find a clearing...
For $50 a good axe can be had. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

I can relate to the OP (who seems to be a target in the rest of the posts). We have many a winding small river through the CT valley that feeds the Connecticut river and are very scenic.. Yes, there are some very wide open areas to come down lower in altitude and to maneuver around.. Makes for some great footage but has to be with obvious care. A frontal avoidance for small obstacles (as well as buildings) would be nice.

We have a dedicated thread for comparing the P3 to the P4. All other threads get closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik