Not quite sure what I purchased is what was delivered....

Reaction score
I purchased the following off of Woot: DJI Phantom 2 V2.0 Quadcopter with Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal for GoPro + Fearless Backpack
http://www.woot.com/offers/phantom-2-zenmuse-h3-3d-backpack-bundle

The specs detailed the following:

In the Box:

•(1) Phantom 2 Vision V2.0
•(1) Zenmuse H3-3D 3-Axis Gimbal
•(1) Transmitter
•(2) Landing Gear
•(1) 5200 mAh LiPo Battery
•(1) A/C Transformer
•(8) Self-Tightening Props
•(1) Wrench
•(1) USB Cable
•(1) Damping Unit
•(4) Spare Vibration Absorbers
•(4) Securing Kits
•(1) Camera Securing Bracket
•(1) 8 - Pin Cable
•(1) Anti-Interference Board
•Manuals
•Fearless Quadcopter Backpack

I want to use the DJi app to view flight parameters but I believe I need the range extender to connect via WiFi.
The DJi website states that P2 Vision product ships with and extender.

So, do I really have a P2 Vision or a P2?
Will serial number info provide me an answer?

Re: Not quite sure what I purchased is what was delivered...

You have a P2 - no APP for that.

You can fit a vTx and get a Black Pearl (7" screen) to see what it's seeing and even add an iOSD to see flight data.

looks like it was their blunder because indeed on the spec sheet it says P2 Vision 2.0 (the latest version of the Vision is 3.0 I believe) but every single other piece of data about this item says it's a NON-Vision, the main fact being that it's bundled with a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal . The Vision series Phantoms have an integrated gimbal and camera and would never be bundled with a H3-3D. H3-3D's go on the NON-Vision series and you add your own GoPro and FPV equipment.
There's also the photo where it's clearly not a Vision... unless the box that arrived has VISION plastered all over it, it's not a Vision. Unless it has the integrated Vision gimbal/camera it is not a Vision. All signs point to you NOT having a Vision... including the price point (Vision would have been more expensive)

Unfortunately for you the DJI APP is ONLY used on the Vision series. The non-Vision series have their advantages, for example the videos you get from gopro are way better, and it's a lot easier to add long range FPV to the one you have, but it still won't use the app.

So either embark down the non-Vision road and join us in the FPV Forum, or find a way to sell that one :)

That is not a vision that is a non vision Version for use with GoPro do not use wifi with that bird . You can get a vision (3.0 newest) or get a 5.8 FPV set up for that bird . No smart phone can be used with the one you got .

QYV beat me to it :D

barely!
:D

Thanks guys.

I think I will happily continue down the non-Vision road.

Really interested in flight telemetry. So, any TM equipment suggestions would be a ppreciated.

John

n6vmo said:
Thanks guys.

Really interested in flight telemetry. So, any TM equipment suggestions would be a ppreciated.

John

Here there are some starting tips:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-F...id=1425402568&sr=8-8&keywords=fpv+monitor+5.8

http://www.amazon.com/Immersion-600...02456&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=immersion+fpv+osd

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...rds=fpv monitor 5.8&sprefix=fpv+monitor+5,aps

n6vmo said:
Thanks guys.

John

The DJI iOSD Mini will give you live telemetry data on your FPV feed. I strongly suggest you head over to the FPV forum and check out the stickythreads, especially the "lowest prices on components" one with links to all the most common products.

so we know you need an iOSD mini.. you also need to pick a transmitter (ImmersionRC 600mW or Boscam TS353 is a good choice), an appropriate plug and play cable, a receiver (commonly Black Pearl or RX-LCD5802) and antennas. plus some other peripherals... you'll see. post in the FPV forum if you have questions

good luck! welcome :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr