Not playing full startup tones

Reaction score
So I have a P2V+ I also have a P2 with zenmuse (way better) I am actually doing a tech review of the vision plus, and I have to say, well not that impressed compared to my P2 with Zenmuse 3 axis and a GoPro, the Wifi on the Vision + is buggy as can be and it drops the camera picture an awful lot. My concern however is with the startup tones from the ESC's
My normal P2 does the daa,daaa daaa, dat, dat, dat.. the vision plus does not sound the last three tones, just the first set of tones, It flies fine in GPS and ATTI and no errors at all in the assistant. So are they supposed to make the same tones? or is this Vision + just "special"

As for my review... I'll put it like this.. If all you want to do is fly around and take pictures and video for fun, or say for real estate, all good. If you're at all serious about shooting aerials, DO NOT BUY A VISION 2 +.

AerialCinemaGuy said:
As for my review... I'll put it like this.. If all you want to do is fly around and take pictures and video for fun, or say for real estate, all good. If you're at all serious about shooting aerials, DO NOT BUY A VISION 2 +.

Depends how techie you at the end of the day.
Plus is an easy all in one solution - great for novices who just want to get airbourne and decent vids and pics.

Zenmuse H3-3D gopro combo is for the more hands on users who can tinker with their toys. You need to remember that a little knowledge is required on setting up FPV and IOSD.

If I could rewind, I would go the gopro path, and now with the Hero 4 Black, i'm much more tempted as it can take 12mbp stills at 30fps. It would be annoying though to go through a million stills for a few pics. But then again, maybe 4K recording and Protune can assist in extracting the image.

I was told also that the Hero 4 Black has built in WIFI 2.4ghz that can be controlled via smart phone. Range?? 2.4Ghz Interference with Phantom controls??? Many were told NOT to use this function as it causes flyways (I can't see why it does as you can fly 2 phantoms next to each other).

It would be perfect for taking stills provided that you are close by.
Hopefully someone on this forum has some success.

I read in another forum the new ESC has a shorter start up tone sequence. Not sure if that is why the P2v+ your testing is sounding different.

Damon said:
I read in another forum the new ESC has a shorter start up tone sequence. Not sure if that is why the P2v+ your testing is sounding different.

That's correct, the PV2+ ESC boards do not make the 4 beeps after turning on.

I know this because I broke an ESC board in mine, and replaced it with an older PV2 board so I get the 4 beeps now from one ESC. The 4 beeps are just meant to indicate that there are no detected problems with the esc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31